What do you guys think of this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
looks like it would blow up to me.

jk, if thousands of others try it and like it with no one ending
up dead, I'll consider it.

Vellly Intellestin fer sur. Price is a bit steep and unless you have it in the light, (mine is enclosed), think it would be hard to see the levels. Nothing wrong with composites tho.
dj

ditto ... at least with metal shards you might not suffer as long.

Captain Morgan said:
looks like it would blow up to me.

jk, if thousands of others try it and like it with no one ending
up dead, I'll consider it.

Propane tank pressure can range from under 10 psig to over 200 psig, Depending on the tanks temp & ambient air temp.

Grill applications require 11 inches of water column:

11 inch of water [4 °C] = 0.397 400 210 1 pound/square inch

or 6.3 ounces per square inch

1 What is the burst pressure of a composit tank?

2 What happens if it's dropped?

I like it. I'm sure they did there homework. Would I buy one? No I'll go to Home Depot and buy a hundred pounder at that price. Or you can just dump water on a tank to see what you have left. ;)

Pigs

I like it, but it would take me a while to trust it. I'd be careful with it, but the guys who refill tanks just toss 'em around or bang them on the ground to get the thing to take gas.

I'm with pig ... go buy a 100 pounder and have some water handy - or a cheap walmart bathroom scale.

I think it's a really cool idea..but like SwampSauce said... I'd be worried that a "normal" place would not fill that tank due to legal / insurance reasons.

For the safety of it... I'm with John P. It's been used in Scott Air packs for years. If a FireFighter is comfortable enough wearing it on his back in a 500-1000 degree environment.... I don't think a "griller" would have anything to worry about.

just my ...whatever. :roll:

Back
Top Bottom