What Did You Grill Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nvestysly

Assistant Cook
When you're grilling take a minute to take a picture and post it here. Rather than start a new thread you can simply add to this thread and tell us what you're up to. It will be an ongoing blog of sorts.

Nothing fancy for me today - I typically keep it pretty simple. Turkey burgers, potato wedges and zucchini. I put olive oil, salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder on the potatoes. Only olive oil, salt and pepper on the zucchini.

No, I didn't eat raw turkey burgers. I forgot to take a picture when the burgers were fully cooked. Maybe the best part of this grill episode was the beer!

I'm new to the forum so I apologize in advance if this topic has already been approached. If so, moderator(s) please move this to the appropriate thread.

Attachments

• IMG_4989.JPG
    IMG_4989.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 339
  • IMG_4975.JPG
    IMG_4975.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 322
  • IMG_4976.JPG
    IMG_4976.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 334
DW and I were in lower Michigan recently and became aware of the olive burger. We had a couple olive burgers while we were in the area and liked them.

So today I was having a hankering for an olive burger but didn't quite know where to start. I didn't have any green olives on hand but I did have some Italian Olive Salad that's often used for muffuletta (spelling varies) sandwich in the area near New Orleans. We purchases the jar of salad a Rouse's - a supermarket in the New Orleans area.

Well.... the turkey/muffuletta sandwich I made still needs some tweaking but it was good nonetheless. I guess I'll have to take some time to identify the ingredients of a proper olive burger.

Here are a few pictures:

Attachments

• IMG_5123.JPG
    IMG_5123.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_5124.JPG
    IMG_5124.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 312
  • IMG_5126.JPG
    IMG_5126.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_5127.JPG
    IMG_5127.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 316
What he said ^

Trying to think where I've seen an olive burger. I know I have, but can't put a finger on it.

Plates are pretty!

My first olive burger was in Eaton Rapids at Abie's (pronounced AB's... think ABC's but stop at B).

The second was at Mr. Burger in the Grand Rapids area. Mr. Burger is locally owned and operated but has several locations.

The burgers had large quantities of what appeared to be mayonnaise and the sliced green olives were sort of suspended in that concoction. It may be a "special sauce" of sorts but seemed like liberal use of mayo.

I'd have to say both had room for improvement in the area of the beef quality and the over-doneness of the patty. But I enjoyed the experience and will definitely try one again.

A friend that we know from Ohio met us in Eaton Rapids and she had her first olive burger recently in the U.P. but I don't recall the name of the place.

I'm headed there this week Bosko, nice cook and really nice pictures nvestysly, what kind of camera do you use?

I played the Majestic golf course, one of the prettiest courses I have ever played.
We are supposed to go back by the 20th, they gave us a return coupon to play for $22!!!

Smoked a pork shoulder over night, made some pulled pork sandwiches for after we got done shooting. Nothing better, guns, ammo, and bbq pulled pork sammies.

Hit the UP myself probably the last best color day, this is from just West of Grand Marais on Lake Superior. Max those folks in the UP, as I am, are all believers in the Second Amendment ;)

Attachments

• Log Slide Overlook .jpg
    Log Slide Overlook .jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 344
Grilled some turkey burgers again yesterday. Used up the last burgers that we purchased from Sam's Club. I didn't take pictures but they sure tasted good. Toasted the buns... that always brings burgers up a notch in my opinion.

When I opened the grill to light it yesterday I realized there were some left-over wood chips on the burner. I left the chips there and had smoked burgers. Mmmmm Gooood!

Rather than start a new thread on smoking I'll just add to this one. Maybe I'll ask a moderator to change the title to What Did You Grill/Smoke Today? Hmmm... in Colorado that may have a different meaning!

So here's my latest. A 10+ LB pork butt and a dozen or so chicken legs. I've mentioned previously that I use my two-burner gas grill putting wood chips on one side and the meat on the other for indirect heating.

I use nearly the lowest temperature setting for pork and have it set approximately 250 F. You see 268 in the picture - it varies a little depending on outside temperature. The pork butt comes off when it reaches 205 F and then I wrap it in foil and towels and let it rest in a "thermal stabilization unit" (aka cooler).

The chicken I cook on high and that usually gets me to approximately 350 F grill temperature and cook it about 75 minutes until it's 160 F or more. I find I actually like fall off the bone chicken so higher internal temperature is better in my mind.

Attachments

• IMG_5313_small.jpg
    IMG_5313_small.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 333
  • IMG_5316_small.jpg
    IMG_5316_small.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 325
  • IMG_5318_small.jpg
    IMG_5318_small.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 310
It's Christmas day 2017... anyone grilling today? I hope to post some pictures later. We're smoking a deboned/stuffed chicken on the gas grill.

It's Christmas day 2017... anyone grilling today? I hope to post some pictures later. We're smoking a deboned/stuffed chicken on the gas grill.

Got sidetracked with Christmas Day festivities, including some beer tasting, so I'm a little late with my pictures.

75f68b3fc9c1bebc1a61ccf2a9d86c24.jpg

6a03cf0d29e004522e59351318a74fd9.jpg

9d5fd85c4631691c9a53921e5c8cc237.jpg

I intentionally spread the wings out so they'd be crunchy and smokey! Mmmmm Gooood!

Back
Top Bottom