What a GREAT Guy!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bbquzz

Master Chef
Ever since Tri Tip showed up on the Forum I have been thinking about the Chaney Grill. Then Smokey Lew got one and ever since I have been lusting for one. The problem is Chaney is a welder in LA and really does not sell them unless you can pick it up. If you don't know Tri Tip works for FedEx and volunteered to help me get the grill shipped to Ohio. It is still several weeks away, but I'm excited and wanted to share. Tri Tip is helping out of the goodness of his heart, he said he just likes to help, proof BBQ People are the best people. With Tri Tip on the case he may convince Chaney to package the barrel grill making future grills easier to ship .... stay tuned.

bbquzz said:
Ever since Tri Tip showed up on the Forum I have been thinking about the Chaney Grill. Then Smokey Lew got one and ever since I have been lusting for one. The problem is Chaney is a welder in LA and really does not sell them unless you can pick it up. If you don't know Tri Tip works for FedEx and volunteered to help me get the grill shipped to Ohio. It is still several weeks away, but I'm excited and wanted to share. Tri Tip is helping out of the goodness of his heart, he said he just likes to help, proof BBQ People are the best people. With Tri Tip on the case he may convince Chaney to package the barrel grill making future grills easier to ship .... stay tuned.

See, this kind of reccognition and apprecitation makes it all worth while. What you put out in life usually comes back tenfold. Thanks again! I'll keep everybody posted on the grill design. Shouldn't be hard to do and will be able to ship FedEx small package for less than $150. When I spoke to Chaney about he Ideay he was diffinatly interested.

Toasting Tri Tip as we speak. Whutta guy. Now last time my old chum Rocky Richmond try to ship me a barrel smoker he say the shipping run about 40 bucks using UPS Ground. Now that was quite a while back and sure there are some unknown variables involved but it might be a good plan to check their rates also.

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Toasting Tri Tip as we speak. Whutta guy. Now last time my old chum Rocky Richmond try to ship me a barrel smoker he say the shipping run about 40 bucks using UPS Ground. Now that was quite a while back and sure there are some unknown variables involved but it might be a good plan to check their rates also.

bigwheel

Thanks Bigweel. UPS and FedEx ground rates are the exact same to the penny.

I can also vouch for Tri-Tip and his freight excellence...on something un-related, I emailed him...he made a call to my local branch and had the driver come back out to deliver my item! What a class move!!

Greg Rempe said:
I can also vouch for Tri-Tip and his freight excellence...on something un-related, I emailed him...he made a call to my local branch and had the driver come back out to deliver my item! What a class move!!

I only wish we lived closer to him Greg, he's helpful and it looks like he can cook too :D

Back
Top Bottom