Weber S-420 catch tray cleanup?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oldtrlrnr

Assistant Cook
I have a Weber S-420 that I've had about a year now, and love grilling on it. I find cleanup of grates, flavorizer bars, and lower cooking area easy, but I haven't been able to keep the catch tray below as clean, since it is too far from the heat source and baffled by the lower cooking area body, for effective burn-off. To clean it, I pull it out, take it over to a trash can, scrape off everything I can, and wipe it with paper towels. This is fairly easy, but not very effective - greasy areas persist.

I'm thinking of trying some sort of degreaser spray, but worry about residue affecting food flavor.

Another thought would be to invert it inside the cooking area, atop the grates, while doing the burn-off. But I'm reluctant to try burn-off on this rather thin stainless piece (even if it would fit).

Any suggestions?

TIA

Bob

Stainless grill exterior care

I have a Weber Summit S-420 that I grill on once or twice a week, year-round. I keep a cover on it most of the time. Still the external stainless surfaces get water marks, some local discoloration from spilled marinade, etc., that might eventually promote rust spots. I've been thinking of getting something to help the exterior clean-up. I know you can find spray stainless steel cleaning products, in fact have used that in the past on other grills. I'll probably try it on this grill, but thought I'd ask the forum for advice first.

TIA

Bob

Wrap it it aluminum foil. Discard foil when you empty it, rinse it and wrap again. Or get a cheap aluminum tray that fits in it and discard it each cleaning. I think weber might even sell them.

Back
Top Bottom