WEBER PREFORMER QUESTIONS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pappy

Assistant Cook
I've been thinking about getting a Weber Preformer. I'm trying to find a bargin on CLif I can find one in good shape. What should I look out for when buying a used one.
If you own one, what are your likes & dislikes.
Thanks for your help.

If you find one on CL and it's relatively new, Weber will probably replace anything wrong with it for free. If it's older they still will probably replace anything wrong with it for free. Weber CS is unmatched.

I can't think of a thing about my Performer that I dislike...maybe portability but I have a One Touch Gold for that.

I had the performer and sold it. I’d pull the trigger on the 27 inch. The only benefits to the performer is the igniter and table. I’d rather use my own table and use a starter cube (you don’t have to worry about turning off the gas after 5 minutes once the coal is started) If you are going to shell out the dough I’d go for size. Either way you will be getting the best grill in the world. To this day I don’t understand the people who drop $700 + on some Viking when a OTS will cook circles around it for $80 bucks. Have Fun!

Tri Tip said:
I had the performer and sold it. I’d pull the trigger on the 27 inch. The only benefits to the performer is the igniter and table. I’d rather use my own table and use a starter cube (you don’t have to worry about turning off the gas after 5 minutes once the coal is started) If you are going to shell out the dough I’d go for size. Either way you will be getting the best grill in the world. To this day I don’t understand the people who drop $700 + on some Viking when a OTS will cook circles around it for $80 bucks. Have Fun!
We install a lot of outdoor kitchens at work. These people drop some serious cash for these units and they aren't all that great!

Back
Top Bottom