Weber One-Touch Gold grill - BBQ Central

Go Back   BBQ Central > General > Grilling
Click Here to Login

Old 05-15-2006, 07:56 AM   #1
Cooker

Weber One-Touch Gold grill

Weber One-Touch Gold grill. We do a lot of grilling, more than 'quing due to time constraints, and I still want one of these around. What's the best pricing you folks have seen?

I’ve been looking for these a while but have seen very little price variance. 22.5

LowRent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 08:08 AM   #2
Official BBQ Central Mark

Doubt you're gonna beat the Amazon price! Just bite the bullet and get it ordered so you can start grilling! 8-[

Larry Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 08:46 AM   #3

Do like Larry said, you won't regret that grill.
Old 05-15-2006, 10:24 AM   #4
Saint O'Que

Larry,

What is the weber grill you just bought?

Low rent may want to consider it.
cleglue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 10:27 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleglue
Larry,

What is the weber grill you just bought?

Low rent may want to consider it.
Since he's not on at the moment, the Performer.
Old 05-15-2006, 10:57 AM   #6
Cooker

Thanks for the heads up. I always like to consider alternatives.

The Performer looks great. However, I also have a Texas Grill which provides me with plenty of workspace with its wings--the additional workspace appears to be the primary advantage of the $300 Performer over the One-Touch Gold.
Old 05-15-2006, 10:59 AM   #7
Cooker

I waited a little too long. Here's the message I got when I checked my Amazon cart:

"Please note that the price of Weber 751001 22 1/2-Inch One-Touch Gold Charcoal Grill, Black has increased from $124.89 to $139.70 since you placed it in your Shopping Cart. Items in your cart will always reflect the most recent price displayed on their product detail pages."

These things happen all the time, though. I'll check back later today and subsequent days until it drops back down to $125. Amazon is notorious for pricing volitility.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:13 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowRent
Thanks for the heads up. I always like to consider alternatives.

The Performer looks great. However, I also have a Texas Grill which provides me with plenty of workspace with its wings--the additional workspace appears to be the primary advantage of the $300 Performer over the One-Touch Gold.
You also get the tuck away lid holder, charcoal bin, electronic ignition (which I love), dual purpose thermometer and the additional workspace which also provides a much more stable grill. For me the Performer was the way to go. It cost more, but it's worth it IMHO.
Old 05-16-2006, 07:56 AM   #9
Cooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Wolfe
You also get the tuck away lid holder, charcoal bin, electronic ignition (which I love), dual purpose thermometer and the additional workspace which also provides a much more stable grill. For me the Performer was the way to go. It cost more, but it's worth it IMHO.
It is definitely worth it. I looked at all the Performer before I bought the Bar-B-Chef Texas Grill. The Performer is a great grill. I ultimately went with the Texas grill for the size, heavy cast iron grates, charcoal "elevator", & refuling method.

I have those Kingsford storage bins which have worked perfectly under the cover for the Texas Grill.

I have also adapted a sophisticated but elegant electronic ignition to work for both grills. Anyone who wants plans, just PM me, and I'll send them to you free of charge.
Old 05-16-2006, 08:01 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowRent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Wolfe
It is definitely worth it. I looked at all the Performer before I bought the Bar-B-Chef Texas Grill. The Performer is a great grill. I ultimately went with the Texas grill for the size, heavy cast iron grates, charcoal "elevator", & refuling method.

I have those Kingsford storage bins which have worked perfectly under the cover for the Texas Grill.

I have also adapted a sophisticated but elegant electronic ignition to work for both grills. Anyone who wants plans, just PM me, and I'll send them to you free of charge.
I'm interested! Check your PM. Thanks.