weber gold vs silver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dledmo

Sous Chef
I am looking at getting a weber charcoal grill this spring. I want the 22 inch version, but am wondering what the difference is between the one touch gold vs the silver. I see there is a difference in the ash catcher, but are there any other differences? Is the difference worth the $55? I used Amazon to get the numbers. Thanks for any help.

By the way, I have a Weber genesis silver gasser which will probably remain my primary grill. Speed and convenience count for a lot here in MN with 5 mo of winter. :LOL:

dledmo said:
I am looking at getting a weber charcoal grill this spring. I want the 22 inch version, but am wondering what the difference is between the one touch gold vs the silver. I see there is a difference in the ash catcher, but are there any other differences? Is the difference worth the $55? I used Amazon to get the numbers. Thanks for any help.

By the way, I have a Weber genesis silver gasser which will probably remain my primary grill. Speed and convenience count for a lot here in MN with 5 mo of winter. :LOL:

The Gold has the ash catcher, which you have already noticed, and it has a different grill grate that allows you to add coals or wood chips/chunks by lifting a section of the grate rather than the entire grate.

If you don't think you need the ash catcher (a coffee can will do the same thing) you could buy the replacement grate for the Gold and pretty much split the difference in the cost of the two units.

If you only plan to grill direct, there is really know reason to get the Gold grate, but if you want to do indirect it would be worth it.

I'm considering picking up a Weber now, and I will probably go with the Gold.

I just picked up a OTG last month and love it. The grate and ash catcher are worth the extra bucks

brian j said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":y31b9yhl]I know 50 bucks is a lot, but to me it's worth it.
You won't believe how easy it is to clean the
Gold
ditto. and in addition the ash catcher is mucho safer than the pan that comes with the silver. there's always a breeze blowing at my house and the hot pieces of lump that fall out the bottom almost started a fire.[/quote:y31b9yhl]

That does raise a good point, especially if cooking on a wood deck.

If you buy the Silver now...you WILL end up buying a Gold because the buyers remorse will kill you!

By the way, if you are going to use Amazon to order...use the My Barbecue Store and the button is on the home page

i got the gold and i like it alot.. go for the Gooooooooooooooooooooooold....

Back
Top Bottom