Wangs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":lcfm64di][quote="Pigs On The Wing BBQ":lcfm64di][quote="Larry Wolfe":lcfm64di]I was having withdrawls from Friday night so I made more wings. Heavy coating of Wolfe Rub, cooked indirect for 25 minutes. Brushed with 50/50 Reverend Marvins and Honey, cooked for another 10 minutes, flipped basted again and cooked for another 10 minutes. Man, I love this combination!!!

I thought ya was talking about pizzle :grin: Then I thought, you will eat anything. :!:

:dunno:[/quote:lcfm64di]A penis. This word dates back to medaeval times. Bull's pizzles were sold as a delicacy, or dried and used as walking-sticks, or tanned like leather and used as whips. :grin:[/quote:lcfm64di][/quote:lcfm64di]

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
[quote="Man's Best Friend BBQ":2jkfsf4q]wings look amazing....gonna have to get me some of that rev marvins sauce =P~
Rev Marvin's sauce is GREAT! I love the stuff, doing chicken with it tonight, get your self some, you won't be sorry. :D[/quote:2jkfsf4q]

I see the base is more of a mustard base. Is it real mustard-y? How would you explain the flavor. Not much of a mustard fan but I do like using it when I grill or making a slather because I cannot taste much of it.

Man's Best Friend BBQ said:
[quote="Pigs On The Wing BBQ":3l4l8wrz][quote="Man's Best Friend BBQ":3l4l8wrz]wings look amazing....gonna have to get me some of that rev marvins sauce =P~
Rev Marvin's sauce is GREAT! I love the stuff, doing chicken with it tonight, get your self some, you won't be sorry. :D[/quote:3l4l8wrz]

I see the base is more of a mustard base. Is it real mustard-y? How would you explain the flavor. Not much of a mustard fan but I do like using it when I grill or making a slather because I cannot taste much of it.[/quote:3l4l8wrz]
It is mustardy, but at the same time vinegary and slightly ketchupy. If you buy some... do not taste it right out of the bottle. Cook it on some food first and see what you think. Flavor is different when cooked than straight out of the bottle.

Finney said:
[quote="Pigs On The Wing BBQ":3gnudhw7][quote="Man's Best Friend BBQ":3gnudhw7]wings look amazing....gonna have to get me some of that rev marvins sauce =P~
Rev Marvin's sauce is GREAT! I love the stuff, doing chicken with it tonight, get your self some, you won't be sorry. :D

I see the base is more of a mustard base. Is it real mustard-y? How would you explain the flavor. Not much of a mustard fan but I do like using it when I grill or making a slather because I cannot taste much of it.[/quote:3gnudhw7]
It is mustardy, but at the same time vinegary and slightly ketchupy. If you buy some... do not taste it right out of the bottle. Cook it on some food first and see what you think. Flavor is different when cooked than straight out of the bottle.[/quote:3gnudhw7]

That's what I was gonna plan on doing, using it to grill with or smoke with. How's the hot? Is it hot hot or just hot enough??

Well I just bought the original and hot pack (1 of each). If I don't like it, you all owe me the $11.00 :ack: it costs to ship it :lmao:

Well I just bought the original and hot pack (1 of each). If I don't like it, you all owe me the $11.00 :ack: it costs to ship it :lmao:

Don't be scared to mix it with stuff, it's great mixed with honey, mayo, ketchup, coarse black pepper, etc., it's a very universal sauce. Oh yeah, it's great in meat loaf too!

Well just wanted to let you guys know that I got a reply E-mail from a man named Woody from Rev Marvins sauce. He asked me how I knew about the sauce and I mentioned this board. He said that he gives BBQ 4U guys a special price break and since my shipping was $11.00 he is going to throw in 2 more bottles for me at no charge. Talk about customer service, now I hope I like the sauce so I can order more!! Thanks again

Jeff E said:
Those wings look great Larry! I've printed out your instructions & plan on doing them soon.
The only thing I don't have yet to duplicate your method is the Wolfe Rub. :)

All you need to do is go HERE , and you can duplicate the Wangs! :grin:

Larry, those wings look fantastic! Getting a little tired of 'em myself.....backyard contest coming up in a couple of weeks, so i've been trying different wing concoctions.....

that was a pretty big-looking hunk of wood in that grill, what kind was that, and did you think it gave ya too much smoke?

Rob

Never mind, now that i look at that pic again, i guess that wasn't that big a piece of wood.....

Well just wanted to let you guys know that I got a reply E-mail from a man named Woody from Rev Marvins sauce. He asked me how I knew about the sauce and I mentioned this board. He said that he gives BBQ 4U guys a special price break and since my shipping was $11.00 he is going to throw in 2 more bottles for me at no charge. Talk about customer service, now I hope I like the sauce so I can order more!! Thanks again
MBF.... Woody is Rev Jr here on the board. And also 1/3 of the BBQ-4-U Competition Cooking Team.
And just an all around nice guy.

Finney said:
MBF.... Woody is Rev Jr here on the board. And also 1/3 of the BBQ-4-U Competition Cooking Team.
And just an all around nice guy.
Thanks for the insight and yes a great guy

Back
Top Bottom