Vietnamese Swai fish fillets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Buckeye_Nut

Senior Cook
Never tried this before.....
img_238773_0_46260663200112e360c44542024c9f87.jpg

For better or worse.....I will tonight :LOL:

I've been reading up on it. From what I can tell, it's sort of like catfish but more bland. We'll see....I'll season it up good and Cajun-like. It was on special and cheap, so I figured I'd give it a try. The guy at the meat counter said he loves them and talked me into it. LOL

Very spicy......definitely not a recipe for everyone.
img_238788_0_593b10f5ac3a1415c4384071b5cb896c.jpg

For those who like spicy Cajun..........it was damn good. No side dishes! I plan to eat an extra serving or two of fish and count those as side dishes.

PS...I got all the fish off the grill and onto the serving tray intact.....but when I tried to grab a couple fillets by hand to toss them onto my plate, they fell apart :P

This is how we AMATEUR grillin' hacks roll!! Hehehe....

bbquzz said:
Never heard of it BN, but it looks good!
It was kinda'like eating catfish. Me loves devouring grilled catfish.......

If definitely wasn't bland after what I put on it. The Cajun spice had some zing to it....

It's nice that you like to experiment. It probably would work with other white fish fillets, too. Might work well on a CI griddle over the coals with some very hot olive oil to crisp it up. Good job Buckeye.

JB sent me some Atchafalaya seasoning that was real nice. I can't recall the brand. It's great on fish and not heavy on the heat side.

(JB...it had a light brown ink on the label...and I think it had a lighthouse.)

Hey Buckeye, was this it?
img_238850_0_a52f9f1af44d5abc247759e9187a2bbc.jpg

Not a lighthouse but a bridge that crosses the Atchafalaya river and it called Atchafalaya Blend. If not, this is still good stuff!

Thinking of trying some "Swai" fish...

...but it damn near makes me feel like a Communist.

They're on sale at W/D this week, and I'm curious.

Purely on a whim, I bought some Basa filets four or five years ago, and they were REALLY GOOD.

These fish are supposed to be about the same, but buying Vietnamese "farm raised" fish bothers me both from a health standpoint and of course the political aspect.

A political aspect to fish filets, you ask?

Well, yeah, in this case.

swapnil147 said:
Thinking of trying some "Swai" fish...

...but it damn near makes me feel like a Communist.

They're on sale at W/D this week, and I'm curious.

Purely on a whim, I bought some Basa filets four or five years ago, and they were REALLY GOOD.

These fish are supposed to be about the same, but buying Vietnamese "farm raised" fish bothers me both from a health standpoint and of course the political aspect.

A political aspect to fish filets, you ask?

Well, yeah, in this case.
Hahaha....I'm feelin'ya!!!

With that said, I prefer Catfish anyway.

Back
Top Bottom