Venison Roast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ

Master Chef
My set up with fire brick.

img_239508_0_2f0cb361ac51a38ae788c6568b5509e4.jpg

Wood for the day

img_239508_1_26dd6d7c4c1150aae46ab73bc1de61e8.jpg

Venison and taters on.

img_239508_2_e236cb3f4d201e194bcc294f0afe7aa6.jpg

More goodies.

img_239508_3_c61bc28940a2725ec648f553db94a2b7.jpg

Done deal. Was a great day to grill. :D Little bit of a smoke ring, that's a first for me with Venison.
Sure was tasty.

img_239508_4_101212179e4e41e0d12f519052a73cc4.jpg

Chris, all the crap I give you......that roast is cooked perfectly and I love the crispy char on the taters too!!! Damn that looks good!

Wow, nice. Temp and times ? My bro has a whole quarter he has been bugging me to smoke but Ive been very hesitant for fear of drying it out...

Thanks guys.
John, that roast took a little under four hours. I used Worcestershire, EVOO, and a grilling spice from Buffalo Spice. Can't tell you how much of each, just a 8 or 9 glugs from the Worcestershire bottle, (wimpy plastic shaker thing removed) few glugs of EVOO, dumped in the grilling spice till it looked nice. Let it set in the refer for a few hours flipping and massaging every now and then the Red head kettle ran about 250F-300F spiked at 325F a few times. I like to use the ' pigs indirect method with fire brick' Once that fire brick gets hot, Less fuel, and it will stabilize. Pulled the roast off at 129.9F :LOL: , foil, rest while I did the onion and pepper. Kept the taters on as Val and I like a char on the skin. It's easy John, once you get a stable temp, throw it on. No peaking for a hour or so, temp it after a few hours, yank at 129.9F :LOL: Foil, and in a little cooler to rest. Watch how much Olive wood (if you use it) or you use on anything! Its like mesquit, a little goes a long way!

Hats off to the cook and the butcher. Great piece of work on the deboning and tying. Little bloody for me. In fact I have seen Bambi's hurt worse than that which healed up and got well. E coli city on that one.

bigwheel said:
Hats off to the cook and the butcher. Great piece of work on the deboning and tying. Little bloody for me. In fact I have seen Bambi's hurt worse than that which healed up and got well. E coli city on that one.
Don't be a wimp Jeff. If I grind mt own chuck for burgers, I eat them bleeding rare. Wife always sez, "your going to get sick" Never have, never will. Not like Grandma's pork chops that were incarcerated in a cast iron pan! :D

Ok well I am praying the Sheep Liver Flukes do not decide to invade your liver. Suspect it prob look sorta like a swiss cheese already:)

Back
Top Bottom