Venison loin help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

big dude

Sous Chef
A friend gave me some venison loin (backstrap) already pre-sliced about 3/4" thick. My plan is to grill it med rare to medium, but do you have suggestions for marinade, rub, serving sauce, etc., or a better way to cook it. Thanks.

Bottled (Kraft or Wishbone) Zesty or Robusto Italian dressing. Use that as a base and add more garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper. Marinade up to 12 hours but not any longer or it will turn the meat to mush. Very tasty marinade for game, beef, chicken, pork and seafood.

I either go with salt, pepper, garlic powder & onion powder but sometimes I'll soak them in some teriyaki marinade overnight

they get eaten quick

Larry Wolfe said:
Bottled (Kraft or Wishbone) Zesty or Robusto Italian dressing. Use that as a base and add more garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper. Marinade up to 12 hours but not any longer or it will turn the meat to mush. Very tasty marinade for game, beef, chicken, pork and seafood.

Bottled (Kraft or Wishbone) Zesty or Robusto Italian dressing. Do you buy that in a 5 gallon bucket Larry? ;) :LOL: You use so much of it. and if so, does it come with a straw? Or does that cost extra. :LOL:

Pigs

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":1y1v77hy]Bottled (Kraft or Wishbone) Zesty or Robusto Italian dressing. Use that as a base and add more garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper. Marinade up to 12 hours but not any longer or it will turn the meat to mush. Very tasty marinade for game, beef, chicken, pork and seafood.

Bottled (Kraft or Wishbone) Zesty or Robusto Italian dressing. Do you buy that in a 5 gallon bucket Larry? ;) :LOL: You use so much of it. and if so, does it come with a straw? Or does that cost extra. :LOL:

Pigs[/quote:1y1v77hy]

It's a good base marinade........I'm using it tonight on red onions I'm grilling.

I would salt and peppa it good and fry it up crispy in a skillet for breakfast. Fried tates..eggs..biscuits..Pet Milk gravy and Ranch Style beans on the side. Fry in bacon grease if you got some. Use the pan drippings to make the gravy. Yum yum.

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom