Valentines Cookin....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

surfinsapo

Master Chef

Cooked two Pompanos over Mesquite smoke, Grilled two Prime T-Bone steaks & Grilled two Moroccan Kabobs......

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=3219305&server=vimeo.com&show_title=0&show_byline=0&show_portrait=1&color=00adef&fullscreen=1"><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=3219305&server=vimeo.com&show_title=0&show_byline=0&show_portrait=1&color=00adef&fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>
Valentines Day Cooking from TeamSurfinSapo on Vimeo.

dsc06000777931ny8.jpg

dsc06010797002yu6.jpg

dsc06030833073lx5.jpg

dsc06040850331pi0.jpg

dsc06050868701mq3.jpg

dsc06070908492hx5.jpg

big dude said:
Great looking food. Went to Morocco once and the food was interesting, what's in your kabob :?: :?: :?:

Ingredients:

* 1 lb. (about 1/2 kg) ground beef or lamb
* 3 ounces (about 100 g) beef or lamb fat (optional)
* 1 medium onion, chopped very fine
* 2 teaspoons paprika
* 1 teaspoon cumin
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon pepper
* 1/8 teaspoon hot ground pepper
* 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
* 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander
* 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
* 1 tablespoon chopped mint leaves
Preparation:

Mix all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl, and leave for an hour or longer to allow the flavors to blend. The kefta is then ready to shape and cook.

To make kebabs, take small amounts of kefta and shape them into cylinder or sausage shapes. Skewer the meat, squeezing it to mold it the skewer.

Cook over hot coals, approximately five minutes each side. (It may take less or more time, depending on how hot the coals are, and how thick you shaped the kefta.) Watch the kebabs carefully, so you don't dry out the kefta.

Serve immediately, or wrap in aluminum foil to keep hot while you cook additional kebabs.

Kefta kebabs are often served in bread with Tomato and Roasted Pepper Salad as a filler, and Mint Tea as a beverage.
* 1 tablespoon chopped mint leaves (optional)

The local greek restaurant has kafta kabobs too, the recipe I got say to grate the onion. That helps it infuse better.

They serve em with grilled onion bell peppers & mators with pita hummos
a garlic salid on the side too, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Looks great SS

Awesome spread Sapo.
Those kabobs look interesting I'll have to give those a try.

007bond-jb said:
The local greek restaurant has kafta kabobs too, the recipe I got say to grate the onion. That helps it infuse better.

I'm telling ya, there is no other way! My mother used to make me grate onions for recipes as a kid.

Helen_Paradise said:
[quote="007bond-jb":2922c0tg]The local greek restaurant has kafta kabobs too, the recipe I got say to grate the onion. That helps it infuse better.

I'm telling ya, there is no other way! My mother used to make me grate onions for recipes as a kid.[/quote:2922c0tg]

SLAP CHOP!

That looks great. I would love to try those Pompano. Also I'll take that T-bone with the fat Fillet stuck to the side of it! ;)

Helen_Paradise said:
[quote="007bond-jb":3hx4co1h]The local greek restaurant has kafta kabobs too, the recipe I got say to grate the onion. That helps it infuse better.
I'm telling ya, there is no other way! My mother used to make me grate onions for recipes as a kid.[/quote:3hx4co1h]
That sounds painful! :shock:
337.gif

--John

Well tried to save the recipe but the pop up say I aint got enough room. I am boycotting the Hindu compooter exspurt who say I got plenty. Looks good to me Sapo. I know it takes a Greek to know how to grill. Now a person like it low and slow most betta let the bohunks or africkan Americkasns handle it. Right?

bigwheel

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom