Uncle Al's Rub and Sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
Two words, "Good Stuff"! Rubbed some thighs with UA's rub, cooked indirect for 1 hour. Sauced 10 minutes on each side... Very good heat/sweetness combo!! Good stuff Al.

Okay Larry, you beat me to the punch! I also had Uncle Al's sauce and rub. We went to potluck dinner the other night and I was asked to bring pulled pork. They only gave me 10 hours notice so I emptied my stash from the freezer that was foodsaved! Heated it up 3/4 of an hour before we had to be there. Just as I was getting ready to leave I noticed that I had non of my sauce. Uncle Al came to the rescue. It was a big hit at the party. It tasted an awfull lot like mine (gotta PM that UA!) The chicken that I did last night http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... orum=bbq4u I used Chris's rub on half and Uncle Al's on half. Both were great with their own different blends. Chris, I'll write about yours later. Al, yours had a real nice flavor on the chicken, a very earthy taste to it. I would imagine it would also taste great on pulled pork or ribs, but might get a little lost on a brisket. I'd buy this from you just to use on chicken again....EXCELLENT! Thanks for the chance to try it and let me know if you ever decide to start selling it!

Captain Morgan said:
can ya'll describe the flavor of the sauce?

Jim it's a sweet (but not overly sweet) sauce. I can taste molasses (which I really like), tomatoes and a hint of vinegar with a lil' bite of heat at the end. It really reminds me of Stubbs sauce. This sauce was delicious on chicken and would be fantastic on ribs as well.

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the compliments. I do sell the sauce and rub but only to local folks right now but as soon as I find a co- packer to work with, the sauce will be available to all.

I just got back from Vermont where the wifey and I went leaf peeping. Also went to dinner at a restaurant where I have been a mentor to the owner. He had been selling BBQ or so he thought !!! The man was actually boiling his ribs before putting them on his smoker. I taught him "OUR" methods for ribs, butts and brisket and gave him some pointers and a variation of my sauce and rub. (I keep the real recipe for my eyes only)

His BBQ has become his most popular items and accounts for 70% of his total sales. He attributes this mainly to the sauce. He is afraid that when the skiers start arriving this winter that he won't be able to handle the crowds. I should get a percentage from this guy.

Al

Back
Top Bottom