Turkey Pot Pie and Turkey Soup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vermin999

Executive Chef
Used up the leftover turkey today to make some pot pies and soup

Some of the leftover meat with some onion, celery, and mixed veggies and a gravy into a ramekin
img_253688_0_3437035b3f832bdb7cb5a08f298225bd.jpg

Some puff pastry on top and on the grill till the pastry was done
img_253688_1_87218d1af1e424bd13953c6e2e79e669.jpg

A little better shot
img_253688_2_b4d55317ce45ace48ef450d6283ec770.jpg

Used the bones and rest of the turkey and made some soup.
img_253688_3_a3af5d3e0c0cc8b5089bb70b16047077.jpg

Why does everything that Vermin makes looks good even though i can not stand seafood, but his looks damn good.

Seafood? I see turkey pot pie? (a very splendid turkey pot pie I shall add :cool:) Did V sneak sumpin' in there?:confused:

For some reason that last post was posted twice, hell I dont even remember looking at this post. I love turkey soup, I would rather rice be used instead of noodles, but everyone has their own flavor.

I have been constantly craving soup here lately. I am fixing to start making some. Stand back...lol. My Daddy always say Potato Soup was for sick folks. He like to have back handed the fire out of my Mamma when she tried to feed it to us for supper one dark mid paycheck night. Dont have any turkey carcasses handy at the moment. I will have to think about this for a while. Could a soup fetish be a sign of being a Seasoned Citizen by any chance? I know its easier to chew etc.

It might be, I crave soup all of the time and I was suppose to cook up some chicken yesterday for soup today, I totally forgot to cook the chicken. There is always today as long as I don't forget again.

Hey now..I pronounce it like our hero El Rushbo does..lol. Well i got busy day before yesterday and smoked a turkey. Come out real good. Tried to make soup out of the carcass so thats why I was over nosing around here to look at how V done it. Mine was not very muy bueno to be eaten as soup. Seemed sorta sickening rich and the smokey flavor did not seem to sit well on the sensory organs..so just dumped it out. No wonder Tex Mex folks dont eat stuff like that..lol. Now Road Runner soup is supposed to cure boils. Lady on another forum say for smoked turkeys use the broth to make split pea or lentil soup. Now that would prob work. Smokey flavor in there would be good.

You have it a little twisted there bro. No seasoned, but SENIOR Citizen!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom