Turkey and Apple Gravy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
Did up a turkey breast on the OTG today…I made up a rub and mixed it with some butter then put the butter under the skin. Cut up a few apples and added a big handful of golden raisins. I added about ½ in of chicken broth to the bottom of the pan and tossed it on the OTG with some hump lump and a piece of cherry wood and a small piece of hickory.

The OTG was running a little hot and the skin got dark but boy was it good….nice and crispy almost like a pork rind.

Then I took the drippings, the roasted apples and raisins put them in a pot with about a cup of Apple Juice, and handful of brown sugar, a splash of cider vinegar, a splash of vanilla, and hit it with some cinnamon and a pinch of cloves. I let it come to a boil and let it boil for about 10 min. Then I poured it into a blender and whipped it good…..Can you say Apple Gravy…it was PDG.

The wife and kids liked the turkey…I prefer mine more smoked then roasted but it came out pretty good nice and moist

Nice gravy. I have been fooling with making gravy to pour on pulled pork as a wetting agent. Need to do this when picking meat from whole hog and holding in a ss pan in warmer before serving.
I like your ingredients...gives me ideas. Thanks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom