Tri-Tip Shakedown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smokey Lew

Head Chef
Picked up a 22 lb. cryo pack of Black Angus Tri-tips at Restaurant Depot yesterday. We're having a birthday bash with 30 guests for my wife and son on Saturday so I wanted to try out one of the tri-tips.

Seasoned the tri-tip with Susie Q's Santa Maria Valley Style Seasoning and grilled it over direct coals. The coals were a mixture of Stubb's briquets and mesquite with a piece of red oak for flavor.

Tri-tip on the grill with plenty of Susie Q's.

Tri-tip done and ready for a rest.

Sliced against the grain and ready to eat. Overdone a tad but very tasty. It had a nice crust from the seasoning.
I'm going to have to monitor the temps close on Saturday.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

You are killing me Lew ... A 22lb. bag of Tri Tip, that would be like gold bullion here in Ohio. You consistently have some of the best looking plated pictures. Hope you will be able to get some shots at the big gathering.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM tri tip.....I'm thankful it's tri tip sammich day here at the carniceria!!

bbquzz said:
You are killing me Lew ... A 22lb. bag of Tri Tip, that would be like gold bullion here in Ohio. You consistently have some of the best looking plated pictures. Hope you will be able to get some shots at the big gathering.
Tell me about it......sheesh. I tried to buy a tri-tip a few weeks ago and came up empty.

Looks great Lew!!! Maybe I missed it but is the cat out of the bag with the Missus and the Chaney grill insert or is she still in the dark?

Back
Top Bottom