Tri tip on the grill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm looking at all the pics and it appears to go from
"Well Done" looking in the unsliced pic to Med in the sliced pic to Rare on the plate. :scratch

Must be some kind of an optical illusion. :LOL:

Tips look real good GH.

Thems fine lookin vittles GH. I been havin trouble finding tri tips here, I think they may be labled wrong.

007bond-jb said:
Thems fine lookin vittles GH. I been havin trouble finding tri tips here, I think they may be labled wrong.
Try looking for Bottom Sirloin. I believe that is what it is cut from. Ask yer butcher for it specificlly if that fails. I had to search for it hard before I found a regular source. It is worth it though.

Cliff H. said:
I'm looking at all the pics and it appears to go from
"Well Done" looking in the unsliced pic to Med in the sliced pic to Rare on the plate. :scratch

Must be some kind of an optical illusion. :LOL:

Tips look real good GH.
Both were done for about 10mins on direct high. That chared the outside of one a bit more than the other, probably cuz it was a bit hotter in one area of the grill. Then about 20mins indirect medium. That cooked the corn too. I let them rest for about 15 mins before slicing. Maybe the flash on the camera did that to it. Both looked the same when sliced inside.

Fine looking hunk of cow you did there son. I have a couple that I will be hand delivering at the oink in next week. But after looking at those pics, one may not make it that far. ;)

Back
Top Bottom