Tri Tip holding advice please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gary in VA said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":2z6famfn][quote="Gary in VA":2z6famfn]now I don't know what to doooooooooo :tant: :tant: :tant: :tant: :tant:

Well if you can't cook it there.

Cook it the day before, slice it and put it in zip loc bags. Take it out of the cooler 30 minutes before you're ready to eat to warm up. Ain't nuttin' wrong wif eatin' cold fajitas![/quote:2z6famfn]

Actually, I was considering that... I will have to email them and see if they will let me zap the meat in their Micro (sorry Helen)[/quote:2z6famfn]

That's just wrong to even mention Gary! Put the sliced meat in an aluminum pan foiled and place on your car motor for a few minutes with the hood down. Voila!!, you've got an oven!

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Gary in VA":35poqhk4][quote="Larry Wolfe":35poqhk4][quote="Gary in VA":35poqhk4]now I don't know what to doooooooooo :tant: :tant: :tant: :tant: :tant:

Cook it the day before, slice it and put it in zip loc bags. Take it out of the cooler 30 minutes before you're ready to eat to warm up. Ain't nuttin' wrong wif eatin' cold fajitas![/quote:35poqhk4]

Actually, I was considering that... I will have to email them and see if they will let me zap the meat in their Micro (sorry Helen)[/quote:35poqhk4]

That's just wrong to even mention Gary! Put the sliced meat in an aluminum pan foiled and place on your car motor for a few minutes with the hood down. Voila!!, you've got an oven![/quote:35poqhk4]

Oh riiiiiiiiight.. you can't tell me you havent Zapped a piece of cooked meat in the wavearino to bring it back to eatin temp.

Gary in VA said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":21092adi][quote="Gary in VA":21092adi][quote="Larry Wolfe":21092adi][quote="Gary in VA":21092adi]now I don't know what to doooooooooo :tant: :tant: :tant: :tant: :tant:

Cook it the day before, slice it and put it in zip loc bags. Take it out of the cooler 30 minutes before you're ready to eat to warm up. Ain't nuttin' wrong wif eatin' cold fajitas![/quote:21092adi]

Actually, I was considering that... I will have to email them and see if they will let me zap the meat in their Micro (sorry Helen)[/quote:21092adi]

That's just wrong to even mention Gary! Put the sliced meat in an aluminum pan foiled and place on your car motor for a few minutes with the hood down. Voila!!, you've got an oven![/quote:21092adi]

Oh riiiiiiiiight.. you can't tell me you havent Zapped a piece of cooked meat in the wavearino to bring it back to eatin temp.[/quote:21092adi]

Well I can tell you what I want, whether it being the truth is a different story!! 8-[

Helen_Paradise said:
[quote="Gary in VA":16088zjn]
wittdog said:
IMHO beef just doesn't seem to zap well.

I have zapped left over tri-tip... You just have to zap it JUST enough to get it hot.. no more.. and it helps to cover it.

OMG...Gary...no. #-o[/quote:16088zjn]

something told me I would get flack from you!... what else am I to do???

Awww hell.. to please Helen, and all the rest of you.. we'll just have Tri-tip Tartare.

"Don't over cook it"
"don't let it stay in the danger zone too long"
"don't cook it ahead and reheat"

to hell with it.. we'll eat it the way nature intended it to be eaten.. RAW!!

wittdog said:
Gary in VA said:
[quote="Helen_Paradise":va4v1jxm]
[quote="Gary in VA":va4v1jxm]
wittdog said:
IMHO beef just doesn't seem to zap well.

I have zapped left over tri-tip... You just have to zap it JUST enough to get it hot.. no more.. and it helps to cover it.

OMG...Gary...no. #-o

something told me I would get flack from you!... what else am I to do???

Awww hell.. to please Helen, and all the rest of you.. we'll just have Tri-tip Tartare.

"Don't over cook it"
"don't let it stay in the danger zone too long"
How long do you foil raw meat? :razz:
"don't cook it ahead and reheat"[/quote:va4v1jxm]

to hell with it.. we'll eat it the way nature intended it to be eaten.. RAW!![/quote:va4v1jxm]

Ain't that the tar-tar thang that Gary dun said?

Finney said:
Gary in VA said:
now I don't know what to doooooooooo :tant: :tant: :tant: :tant: :tant:
Eat it cold.... or cook it there.

Or cook a large chuck roll and make your stuff out of that. It will hold at temp for that long.
I've eaten it cold on a sandwich, it was pretty good :!:

Going back to the original thread (sort of) - have any of you ever used the coolers that plug in and can either keep food hot or cold? Could you precook the meat and put in the fridge; then before you leave, put it in some boiling water just to take the edge off, keep it in the plastic bags and wrap them in towels, and then stick in the cooler on warm for the trip? Just an idea that I'm sure has a dozen problems...

we're eatin it raw people.. that's the way it will be.. but i will foil it for half the thawing time......

or maaaaaaaybe....

We'll just keep it frozen and have Tri-tip Pops =P~

Gary in VA said:
we're eatin it raw people.. that's the way it will be.. but i will foil it for half the thawing time......

or maaaaaaaybe....

We'll just keep it frozen and have Tri-tip Pops =P~
:lmao:

Well.. the results are in....

Saturday evening I did 4 tri-tips on the grill. Brought them to 130 degrees and wrapped them 2 together in foil and put them in a preheated cambro. Held them from 5:30 to 7:30 when we arrived at our destination and set up to eat. I got them out and sliced them.......

They all were about medium in doneness. Still very hot and just a hint of pink. Yes, I will admit, a bit over done for my taste.. but medium will please most of a group of 10 people. Got great compliments and no one died. So, I guess it was a success.

Sorry, no pics. but it shore was good.

by the way.. they were rubbed with Dizzy Pigs "raising the steaks" =P~ aweeesome on beef.

Back
Top Bottom