Tri tip cooking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay, I rubbed 1 down with salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. The other was rubbed down with KC Masterpiece BBQ Seasoning.
Me and 2 of my kids liked the salt & pepper one better. My wife said she couldn't tell the difference. Both had an excellent taste and texture. I think I found the new steak to buy from now on! Thanks Susan Z. for the tip on finding it at Trader Joes.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/nprochilo ... .dir=/3531

No, I wasn't paying attention. I wanted it more rare also. It jumped from 120* to 140* in like 3 minutes. But I burnt the edge just like I wanted to do. What a great flavor it had!

hey what was the flavor like? Texture...ribeye, brisket, sirloin?

Be prepared for a billion questions...you're now our resident tri tip expert!! :D

Oh and BTW, I got the idea from Susan. She found them at Trader Joes and poste about them so I had to try them I try most reciepes and suggestions posted here. One of these days Finney will probably PM me a reciepe that will kill me, but until then keep on cookin!

Susan Z said:
Glad it worked out! I'm really sold on tri-tip and am so grateful that TJ's has brought it out east!

The one I did on Thurs was a fat one that came out really rare in the middle, which is fine except it made it harder to slice the thick part of the tri-tip paper thin.

I'm going to be brave and try that marinated one (I bought a pre-marinated 'Santa Maria' style one) later this week, methinks. We'll see how that works out.

Let me know how it tastes Susan. They had those here also!

Back
Top Bottom