Tri tip cooking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay, I rubbed 1 down with salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. The other was rubbed down with KC Masterpiece BBQ Seasoning.
Me and 2 of my kids liked the salt & pepper one better. My wife said she couldn't tell the difference. Both had an excellent taste and texture. I think I found the new steak to buy from now on! Thanks Susan Z. for the tip on finding it at Trader Joes.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/nprochilo ... .dir=/3531

No, I wasn't paying attention. I wanted it more rare also. It jumped from 120* to 140* in like 3 minutes. But I burnt the edge just like I wanted to do. What a great flavor it had!

hey what was the flavor like? Texture...ribeye, brisket, sirloin?

Be prepared for a billion questions...you're now our resident tri tip expert!! :D

Oh and BTW, I got the idea from Susan. She found them at Trader Joes and poste about them so I had to try them I try most reciepes and suggestions posted here. One of these days Finney will probably PM me a reciepe that will kill me, but until then keep on cookin!

Susan Z said:
Glad it worked out! I'm really sold on tri-tip and am so grateful that TJ's has brought it out east!

The one I did on Thurs was a fat one that came out really rare in the middle, which is fine except it made it harder to slice the thick part of the tri-tip paper thin.

I'm going to be brave and try that marinated one (I bought a pre-marinated 'Santa Maria' style one) later this week, methinks. We'll see how that works out.

Let me know how it tastes Susan. They had those here also!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom