tri tip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nick Prochilo

Chef Extraordinaire
Oh yeah Brian! I did 2 tonight. Came out great. Sorry I couldn't take pictures, my camera is stuck in a draw that I can't get to. But those are some pretty good eats!

That is one great lookin' piece o' meat!

IMG_1565a.jpg

brian j said:
wittdog said:
Man that looks great. =P~ .....Can't find it around here. :-(
do you have trader joe's around you? that's where i got these one and the one in my freeze. it was a little out of the way and i had to bring a cooler to work to store it in, but it was worth it.
No trader joe's sound like something that would be up in Griffs neck of the woods... :razz: Thanks for the sug I still have to find a real butcher..maybe that would help.

Looking good Bri =D>
I have 2 left in the freezer, that is some good stuff =P~

I stopped by my butcher shop today and scored two tri-tips and two prime filets. I'm thinking one tri-tip tomorrow and the filets one night during the week. They are a quick after-work dinner. I'm marinating a flank steak in carne asada for dinner tonight.

Griff

Did they recognize it as "Tri-Tip" or did you use another name for it...my butcher said he has never heard of tri-tip...Woodman...does Barb and Patty have Tri-Tip?

Greg, if your butcher can't give you what you want by the numbering system below, find another butcher.

Beef Tri-Tip, IMPS/NAMP 185C & 185D
The Beef Tri-Tip is a relatively unfamiliar, profitable cut that offers outstanding taste, convenience and versatility at a moderate price.

Ordering and Purchasing Information

Two cuts in the IMPS/NAMP 185 series can be specified. Each includes more specific cutting, trimming and boning specifications. Netting or Tying Specifications are also included.

• Beef Loin, Bottom Sirloin Butt, Tri-Tip, Boneless, IMPS/NAMP 185C
This item is the portion of the bottom sirloin that remains after removal of the flap (185A) and the ball tip (185B). It is a triangular-shaped muscle and may have up to 1/4-inch fat covering.

• Beef Loin, Bottom Sirloin Butt, Tri-Tip, Boneless, Defatted, IMPS/NAMP 185D
This item is the same as # 185C except that practically all the surface fat and membranous tissue is removed.

Purchasing Information
• One Tri-Tip roast weighs 1-1/2 to 3 pounds; is about 2 inches thick; and yields 4 to 6 cooked portions.
• Frequently vacuum-packaged with six roasts per bag, four bags per box.
• Sometimes mechanically tenderized, vacuum-packaged with one per bag.

Man Brian, you could have brought you buddy a little taste of that to the BBQ comp in DC. That is one fine looking hunk of meat.

Griff said:
I stopped by my butcher shop today and scored two tri-tips and two prime filets. I'm thinking one tri-tip tomorrow and the filets one night during the week. They are a quick after-work dinner. I'm marinating a flank steak in carne asada for dinner tonight.

Griff
Lets have the pics Griff :!:

Hey, I took the pics. But (Joke, don't read this) every since ePhoto went away, pics are not easy. Puff, how are you doing the pics. BTW, your daughter is going to cause you sleepless nights about 14 yeqrs from now.

Griff

Griff said:
Hey, I took the pics. But (Joke, don't read this) every since ePhoto went away, pics are not easy. Puff, how are you doing the pics. BTW, your daughter is going to cause you sleepless nights about 14 yeqrs from now.

Griff
I know she will :eek:
I use Image Shack :(

I know you guys luv the pics. It's hard for an old guy like me to learn new stuff but here's an effort at some tri tip pics.

Griff

Back
Top Bottom