Tri tip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
oompappy said:
It sure looks good!
I still have never cooked one of those, that I know of.
Yea, because they don't sell them around us up north here Tim. I swear, every time I go on a quest for them and ask a butcher (hack and pack guy) for one they look at you like you just got off a space ship! Not a clue. :x I wish we could get them. The three that BTGG did at Oink last year were excellent! :D Evan Wittdog can't sniff any out around here. :LOL:

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
oompappy said:
It sure looks good!
I still have never cooked one of those, that I know of.
Yea, because they don't sell them around us up north here Tim. I swear, every time I go on a quest for them and ask a butcher (hack and pack guy) for one they look at you like you just got off a space ship! Not a clue. :x I wish we could get them. The three that BTGG did at Oink last year were excellent! :D Evan Wittdog can't sniff any out around here. :LOL:

None at Costco? I know they are EVERYWHERE in California but in VA, you have to look a bit. Wegmans cuts them with something else and doesn't label them right. Safeway is useless too. Costco will sell them cut up as thin steaks (but can get in cryovacs unmolested if you ask). Dunno if Costco would carry up there. Too bad. Maybe I can trade you some Tri-tips for some of that Maple Leaf lump charcoal (if you could go get some) :)

Back
Top Bottom