top sirlion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
brian j said:
i picked up a nice look'in top sirlion and the grocery store yesterday. planning to salt and pepper an hour before grilling. anyone have a better idea?

Brian top sirloin is my favorite steak, matter of fact we had it last night. I'd do it exactly as you plan, except I'd hold off on salting it until right before you through it on the grill. Salt too soon and it'll pull the moisture out of the steak. IMO TS is the best dang steak you can get for the money, as long as it's not over cooked!!

I like rib steak...even though you need to cut around a lot of the fat to get to the meat...it is by far the most flavorful IMHO...I love it!! :D

Sounds like you got a good plan Brian...1TG is a good cooker!!

brian j said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":1su36y4u]Yeah, what Larry said! The only thing I like better is Tri Tip!

isn't top sirlion a slice of tri-tip? i know tri-tip and sirlion are similar.[/quote:1su36y4u]

Tri-Tip is the bottom sirloin.

brian j said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":279d73j4]Tri-Tip is the bottom sirloin.

ahhh. after this is grilled do you cut into slices like london broil or just put it on a plat and have at it?[/quote:279d73j4]

Depending on the size we eat them like steak. But you could certainly slice it like a flank steak.

brian j said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":47576oa3]Tri-Tip is the bottom sirloin.

ahhh. after this is grilled do you cut into slices like london broil or just put it on a plat and have at it?[/quote:47576oa3]

I slice mine up like a london broil. After I found these, I haven't bought a london broil since!

I agree, Top Sirloin is the best steak for the $
Unless like Larry said you cook it to long, then it isn't worth a sheeeaattt!

after everyone talking about sirloin, I went and bought one yesterday and grilled it up last night...jaccarded it pretty good and cooked it
close to perfect. I must admit, the flavor was excellent, and the price was too.

More tender than I thought.

Captain Morgan said:
after everyone talking about sirloin, I went and bought one yesterday and grilled it up last night...jaccarded it pretty good and cooked it
close to perfect. I must admit, the flavor was excellent, and the price was too.

More tender than I thought

That's what I'm talking about!!!

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="brian j":264bl4rv][quote="Larry Wolfe":264bl4rv]Tri-Tip is the bottom sirloin.

ahhh. after this is grilled do you cut into slices like london broil or just put it on a plat and have at it?[/quote:264bl4rv]

I slice mine up like a london broil. After I found these, I haven't bought a london broil since![/quote:264bl4rv]

#-o :) :-X

Finney said:
Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="brian j":1eimcs40][quote="Larry Wolfe":1eimcs40]Tri-Tip is the bottom sirloin.

ahhh. after this is grilled do you cut into slices like london broil or just put it on a plat and have at it?

I slice mine up like a london broil. After I found these, I haven't bought a london broil since![/quote:1eimcs40]

#-o :) :-X[/quote:1eimcs40]

:lcry: :lmao: :lcry: :lmao:

Larry didn't invent it, he just told folks about it. I invented the Morgan Broil a long time ago...so folks call it by the name you've been using.

[quote="brian j" all i know is that it's on CAB top sirloin is on sale at giant. :!:[/quote]

The correct spelling is CAP top sirloin. You're welcome.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom