Top Round Roast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
I did a naked sear on this Top Round roast and then seasoned with Wolfe Rub Bold. We also had some baked potatoes and corn wrapped in foil with butter, garlic and onion powders and salt and pepper. Turned out great!

larry that sound very good I like your way of thinking when it come to food. By way when can I come and pick up your weber you no longer use.LOL

Man that looks good Larry. Why did you season it after searing? What kind of grill do you have there?

Love2<º((((>< said:
Man that looks good Larry. Why did you season it after searing? What kind of grill do you have there?

It's just another method, but it does help prevent rubs from burning, especially ones with sugar.

Bruce B said:
I hate when people ask him about his grill.

Shoot I forgot to mention that part! Thanks for the reminder Bruce!

Love2<º((((>< said:

It is an XL Primo Oval Kamado, the biggest on the market today!!! Very versatile cooker for smoking from 170*-250* and from grilling up to 700*. Super efficient on fuel as well. If you're interested visit www.wolferub.com . That's for you Brucie

Larry wrote...It is an XL Primo Oval Kamado, the biggest on the market today!!! Very versatile cooker for smoking from 170*-250* and from grilling up to 700*. Super efficient on fuel as well. If you're interested visit www.wolferub.com . That's for you Brucie

700 aint that hot, 1000 is. Remember My gasser will melt glass

007bond-jb said:
Larry wrote...It is an XL Primo Oval Kamado, the biggest on the market today!!! Very versatile cooker for smoking from 170*-250* and from grilling up to 700*. Super efficient on fuel as well. If you're interested visit www.wolferub.com . That's for you Brucie

700 aint that hot, 1000 is. Remember My gasser will melt glass

I never said it was hot, I just said it would cook up to 700* BOY!

Captain Morgan said:
seems like you could get it hotter pretty easily, is it not
reccomended?

Well I guess you can get it hotter, I don't really see any advantage to going above 700*. I know the commercial kitchens sear in the 1800*, but I'm happy with the sear I get even at lower temps. I cooked that roast at 500* for the entire cook and it turned out great. I doubt going to 700*, 1000* or even higher would have made it any better. Just my .02.

craig castille said:
Larry,

Just curious...but how big was the top round, and how long did it take to cook at 500?

Craig it was about 2lbs and it took about 20 minutes to get to 130*

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom