Top round

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puff1

Chef Extraordinaire
Found a really good looking chunk of top round at the local mega mart today.
Marinated it in Montreal Steak seasoning marinade with a bit of red wine and grilled over the highest heat I could set forth. The corn was from California (Thanks Helen ;) ) and sweet as all get out. I was really surprised considering throughout the winter and spring we get bitter tasting junk. The corn was as sweet as if I bought it here in August. The pasta salad came from a box.
Great weather here. I hope everyone else is having the same. Griff especially. :mrgreen:

img_218189_0_198efa956a6ad73c90f6cd3c00077af4.jpg

img_218189_1_d355a2fc742f11ec96d0d037b58e4724.jpg

img_218189_2_11959809e9a9995c2abe71ef930c54ee.jpg

Sounds purty dang gummed close to Baltimore Pit Beef when a person thinks about it. Looks excellent. I made some one time but all I could find was bottom round and I do not eat raw bloody meat so it went to 150 on the inside. Great flavor..little chewy and a commercial slicer helps a bunch. Cut it thin enough to read a newspaper through it. The folks I tried it out on liked it cold mo betta than hot. Now is that odd or whut?

bigwheel

Excellent job Puff. Nice to see you posting again. It's been in the 50s here today. It looks like the ice is going to go out of the local lakes this week. YES, that's a couple weeks early this year!

Thanks everyone!
Griff, you are one hardy soul my friend.
Larry.........horsey is a little to spicy for Puffy. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom