Tips for Grilling Ribeyes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Koopdaddy

Senior Cook
Anyone have some tips for grilling ribeyes they want to share.

I am am seasoning with salt and pepper and will be using my 22" kettle. Any tips, hints and suggestions are much appreciated.

I've always started steaks indirect, then finish them over the coals... I don't worry about grill marks... it's about getting the right tenderness.
My 22 kettle is banked up with coals opposite the top vent. The bottom vents wide open. spin the grate over to the other side before putting the meat on. The meat should be oiled, peppered and salted at the last minute.
Start indirect, turning a 180 halfway, then slap em over the fire.

ScottyDaQ said:
I've always started steaks indirect, then finish them over the coals... I don't worry about grill marks... it's about getting the right tenderness.
My 22 kettle is banked up with coals opposite the top vent. The bottom vents wide open. spin the grate over to the other side before putting the meat on. The meat should be oiled, peppered and salted at the last minute.
Start indirect, turning a 180 halfway, then slap em over the fire.

Go with Scotty's method (you could also pre-salt), but the most important thing is to bring the steaks to room temp before grilling.

Also, how thick are the ribeyes??? This makes a big big difference on how you cook them too.

Well they turned out pretty good. My dad actually stepped in and helped grill them while I was preparing the rest of the meal.

Thanks for all the advice and help.

img_227476_0_1772363531e5ec5cc8ffa4b7ec8f2ec6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom