Tilapia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toby Keil

Executive Chef
Anyone ever grill Tilapia? My wife likes this fish and usually cooks it fried in a pan or baked in the oven but to tell you the truth it’s getting a little boring, so I thought about trying it on the grill. I found some recipes online but thought I would check with the masters as well.

We eat quite a bit of tilapia here.

Here is a link to some we posted here:

http://www.bbq-4-u.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8111

Although I find I buy the filets a lot more than whole.

I really enjoy the light texture and taste. We serve it up here many ways just some simple grilling with evoo & snp to more layered flavors like lemon and caper sauce.

Thanks everyone. We have only cooked the filets thus far but the whole fish would be interesting and fun, thanks for the link Diva Q. Next time we cook the filets I’ll try grilling them and will post before, during and after pictures.

I like to grill tilapia in banana leaves. I marinate the fish in sesame oil, soy, ginger, garlic, and some other stuff, wrap, and grill. Oh so good! I can't think of one place in TO that sells the leaves, but for sure in Oxnard! Give it a try some day.

I have some frozen banana leaves in the freezer I will have to try that later this weekend. Thanks Helen that sounds wonderful.

Helen_Paradise said:
I like to grill tilapia in banana leaves. I marinate the fish in sesame oil, soy, ginger, garlic, and some other stuff, wrap, and grill. Oh so good! I can't think of one place in TO that sells the leaves, but for sure in Oxnard! Give it a try some day.

Banana leaves sounds really good. I’ll do some research and find some so I can give this a try. About how long and at what temp do you cook them for? I see you like wine and your a padres fan. My wife grew up in SD and went to Point Loma high...she’s a huge Padre and Charger fan. Anyway thanks for the idea.

we went to our favorit Greek restaurant last nite. I had their broiled tilipa. They broil it with butter mushrooms green onions & garlic with a lot of paparica, It was sooooo damm good too Boy.
Gave me serious heart burn,

I'll order it again any damm way :twisted:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom