Thursday night steaks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cliff H.

Master Chef
Better late than never.

I grilled up a couple of angus ribeyes and a couple of chuck eyes. The ribeyes turned out very good. They should have grilled for a shorter time though.

The chuck eyes were more tender than the ribeyes.

The fire is ready

img_164807_0_33df955248050d1a1bc3b2168ad7b010.jpg

The steaks are on

img_164807_1_79cbe994abea8cf1275696a2c0405579.jpg

Six min on each side and rested for 15 min. The ribeyes were over the hottest area and they turned out med well. The chuck eyes were on for the same amount of time but they were on the fringe of the heat so they turned out med rare.

I struggle with steak doneness.

img_164807_2_1d7f1c787b71369110fe3304f7a16c03.jpg

img_164807_3_dc3858a7b6b0cebc7715e491c5038868.jpg

img_164807_4_9ccd387992eeec3454ede287ba6fc0e1.jpg

I guess you could say marinated. I don't float them in anything. I put the steaks in a plastic container and doush them with wooster sauce. then season them up and let them sit in the fridge like that for a couple of hours.

Dang Ron I think me and you is on the same track cuz I just tole another fella the same thing about fried chicken. I hope we aint getting synchronized by space aliens stealing our brain waves. Have you got a tinfoil hat? That make em where they can't pull them shenanigins ya know"

bigwheel

Puff said:
Unity said:
Very nice. I gotta track down some chuck eyes.

--John
They're worth the tracking. ;)

Puff, make sure that they are the first 4 cuts off a chuck roll. You should see that they resemble the large end of a ribeye.

Mike

bigwheel said:
Dang Ron I think me and you is on the same track cuz I just tole another fella the same thing about fried chicken. I hope we aint getting synchronized by space aliens stealing our brain waves. Have you got a tinfoil hat? That make em where they can't pull them shenanigins ya know"

bigwheel

Now there would be a site to see.......bigwheel and a tinfoil hat!
9.gif

bigwheel said:

bigwheel

Now thats funny BW, Them steaks looks super good too

Back
Top Bottom