Three Meats to Grill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rwoens

Assistant Cook
I am cooking dinner for 10 people 3 nights in a row this week. I am planning on grilling the meat every night. I was hoping for some suggestions and ideas on what meats to cook. I have a green egg and am well equipped to cook any meats or seafoods.

I was already planning on steaks for one night. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

I did most of the cooking at a family reunion of my wife's for about 40 people. The first night was steak and fish, the second was bone-in skin-on chicken breasts and ribs, more of a BBQ theme. That was relatively inexpensive and people liked it. Start the chicken with a rub at a low temp, after the skin starts to render baste with BBQ sauce.

I'd do a bunch of ABT's as an appetizer one night. You could prep them the night before and have them ready to go the next night. Heck you could probably get the folks your feeding to help prep them and that'll get 'em anticipating them.

Fajitas are a good one to have too. You cook the meat and veggies and they fix it themselves.

Got to give em some Speidies one night. This is the best recipe I have found. They claim it was invented by Eyetalians but looks to have Greek wrote all over it to me. You can knock a big dent in the marinate time if you have the bag sucking gizmo with the buckets. Or a vacuum tumbler.

Jody's Garage - rcp7

Smoke a pork butt or 2 so it's ready about the time for the first night meal. Have your steaks the second night, Then on the third night use the "planned-over"* pork for tacos or a nacho plate. Set it up "bar" style for the tacos or nachos. You could even have taco shells and nacho chips along with the veggies, cheese and sour cream. Don't forget the guacamole.

BOB

*planned over isn't leftover because you cooked more expecting there to be lots left;):D:fball:

Its getting a bit underwhelming to see the obvious yankee influence of putting pushed pork on tacos? Person aint supposed to eat it like that. Just to be fair smoked brisket tacos taste funny too. What is up with the fish taco bs? Who ever has enough leftovers for some trickster to make tacos out of it? Enquiring minds ya know.

Its getting a bit underwhelming to see the obvious yankee influence of putting pushed pork on tacos? Person aint supposed to eat it like that. Just to be fair smoked brisket tacos taste funny too. What is up with the fish taco bs? Who ever has enough leftovers for some trickster to make tacos out of it? Enquiring minds ya know.

Being an unknowing "Died-In-The-Wool Yankee" what in the devil do I put on my taco ..... Goat?

No goat tacos. Down in Sommerville County that could a person lynched for cooking up the screwing. Hopefully they observe similar rules of etiquette North of the Mighty Red. How do you feel about pickled Turkey Gizzards?

Now, there's nothing wrong with putting pulled pork in a Taco shell, but I agree that aint a Taco !

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom