Think I'll do ribs on the kettle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Watch them close. They are easy to over cook as I'm sure you are aware of. I love them on the grill with Open Pit bbq sauce the last few min. carmelized a little crisp and gooy. Get gooy sauce ALL over your pie hole :grin:

Yes, about a hour and a half. They will cook fast. Now don't think your going to get a real tender rack of ribs. They will yeald a much tuffer tug on the teeth.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
Watch them close. They are easy to over cook as I'm sure you are aware of. I love them on the grill with Open Pit bbq sauce the last few min. carmelized a little crisp and gooy. Get gooy sauce ALL over your pie hole :grin:

I didn't know anyone else liked or knew about Open Bit BBQ Sauce. That is one of my favorites! Very good stuff!

Grew up on Open Pit, that's all my Dad used when I was a kid. Still hangin' in there, now with more flavors. Haven't used it in quite a while though.

Greg Rempe said:
Much like Glenn R thinks slaw sucks...Open Pit is not my favorite...unless I'm shalacking a table! :eek:

Yeah yeah, what do you know?? You live in Ohio! 8-[

It's not that he chose Ohio, Ohio is fine....he chose Cleveland. :dunno: :dunno: :faint: :faint:

well the ribs were better than I expected. didn't like the cattlemans sauce, but I didn't think I would anyway. That kettle gets hot! I let em set in the rack for about an hour indirect, then foiled when the meat started puling back from the bones. Added apple juice in the foil, and let that go about half an hour. Back on the grill indirect for about 15 minutes, and the slab broke in half when I picked it up. No bones fell out though.

For the kettle, outstandingly goooood. Not as good as bullet ribs though.

Back
Top Bottom