thermometer for otg?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
brian j said:
i really miss not having a thermometer mounted on my otg, especially when doing large cuts indirect. has anyone mounted one on theirs?

Brian you can get the Weber Therm that comes with the Perfomer from Barbecues Galore for $10.99, I think it's a #9815. For any long cooks I use a Maverick.

brian j said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":2h7iy42r][quote="brian j":2h7iy42r]i really miss not having a thermometer mounted on my otg, especially when doing large cuts indirect. has anyone mounted one on theirs?

Brian you can get the Weber Therm that comes with the Perfomer from Barbecues Galore for $10.99, I think it's a #9815. For any long cooks I use a Maverick.[/quote:2h7iy42r]
maybe i'm missing something... how do you mount it?[/quote:2h7iy42r]

On the Performer there is a slot in the handle for it, not sure if there's one there on the OTG. But I've used them in the WSM's and the 18.5 Kettle just by resting the probe through one of the vent holes.

brian j said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":2iddlyfr]On the Performer there is a slot in the handle for it, not sure if there's one there on the OTG. But I've used them in the WSM's and the 18.5 Kettle just by resting the probe through one of the vent holes.
no slot in a otg. i've been putting a probe through a vent hole for years but looking for a more permanent solution. something involving my drill. :D[/quote:2iddlyfr]

guru eyelets ??? then you can still use the maverick :D

Back
Top Bottom