Thermapen - WOW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well guess I will have to break down and buy one of them high dollar gizmos one of these days. Sure hear a bunch of folks braggin on it. Can't imagine how I have survived on the little 5 buck instant read gauge from Wally World all these years. That little dude has took a bunch of abuse. Know there has been some 300 plus pounds which have accidentally sit on it a few times. Done forget how much beer..whiskey..bbq sauce etc. which has been applied to it. How many times it has been accidentally left sticking out of a brisket and cooked in the pit for an hour or two. It takes a licking and keeps on ticking. It also dont need any steeken batteries or januine leather sheaths. On second thought don't think I need one of them Thermapens:) It would make me feel treacherous to my beloved Wally World gauge. I'm sitting here getting all misty eyed just thinking on it..sniff sniff.

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Well guess I will have to break down and buy one of them high dollar gizmos one of these days. Sure hear a bunch of folks braggin on it. Can't imagine how I have survived on the little 5 buck instant read gauge from Wally World all these years. That little dude has took a bunch of abuse. Know there has been some 300 plus pounds which have accidentally sit on it a few times. Done forget how much beer..whiskey..bbq sauce etc. which has been applied to it. How many times it has been accidentally left sticking out of a brisket and cooked in the pit for an hour or two. It takes a licking and keeps on ticking. It also dont need any steeken batteries or januine leather sheaths. On second thought don't think I need one of them Thermapens:) It would make me feel treacherous to my beloved Wally World gauge. I'm sitting here getting all misty eyed just thinking on it..sniff sniff.

bigwheel

Say goobye to those memories if you buy a Thermopen. You don't have to worry about leaving it in a brisket because you get your reading within 3 seconds! They're very accurate and allow more time for drinkin' a BEvErage or two during your cook. ;) Might as well caugh up the $16 for the leather case too, cuz it's fun to have it handy for anytime you want a 3 second reading :D .

Purchased mine this past spring and love using it!

I think it's one of the best cooking tools a man can buy. One thing I have to say about there customer service it is second to none. About ten days ago mine went on the blink and it was out of warranty and all they charge me was return shipping. By the way bigwheel keep buying that Wal-mart stuff and keep those people with a manufacturing job in China working. :shock:

Well since idle hands are the debils workshoppe sure them Chicoms are doing the right thang trying to keep them Christian slave laborers busy making Instant Read gauges. Swear I used it last night on some gasser cooked sirloins. I just take the tongs and drag the steak away from the heat and run that probe in there sideways. When it say 150 it turns into a hot pink center just like the warden likes it. Takes me about 2 secs.

bigwheel

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom