themometer ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
To measure rack temperature and probe internal meat temperatures in my WSM, I use the ET-73 Redi Check remote thermometer. To check meat temperatures, I always use my red Super-Fast Thermapen from ThermoWorks.

I just bought and used one of these for the first time last weekend.
http://www.amazon.com/Weber-6438-Profes ... 780&sr=8-1
img_235574_0_37c73c7b6b69f5043bb061e2b1bf14ae.jpg

Using it was a hoot......

I use the ten buck instant read gauge from Wally World. I like the one with big numbers and a small probe. Have had it for years. Could not cook without especially on grilling. It do not take batteries or have to be hooked up to a laptop or the internet or conflict the airways with some signal the yup next door might be using for his electronic monstrosities etc. This be for the food of course. On my big pit I got some kinda fancy smancy gauges my old ex pal Burt from Jouston gave me many moons ago. One of them is broke and the other goes to 750. I try to keep it between 200 and 300 on that one. If I get one that dont come equipped or I just want to double check the gauges...I use the palm of my hand and count by Mississipppiis till it feels like it just got to be moved fairly immediately. Surprisingly accurate. When you get to the third or fourth Missippii it time to make bbq. Less than that can range from steaks to chickens loins etc. or even into the ranges depending on how fast a person like to cook stuff. 1 and 2 is ideal for steak and chickens for example. Ribs can go to the three section blah blah blah. Big Dave taught me all that. He is a smart feller.

I spotted one of these in a friend's pawn shop and bought it. It has been great.

Actually, my particular RayTek isn't necessarily a "food" thermometer. I think is a commercial tool. I don't know for sure what the maximum temp is that it will read. I know I can tell if my freezer is zero degrees or if my Weber gas grill is about to melt down. It recently registered over 600 degrees when I was late getting food ready for the grill after starting a warm up.

It is also great for frying fish. I want the oil somewhere between 350 and 375. Between batches of fish I just stand there and keep pulling trigger until it hits the desired temp.

http://www.instrumart.com/products/720/ ... hermometer

Well truth is always stranger than fiction. Somebody famous said that. Mark Twain maybe? He also said there are two strategies for arguing with wimmen. Nether one of them works very well. Or maybe it was Will Rogers. Now great great great grandpap Bejamin Wheeler Franklin said..Fish and visitors smell in three days. Found that to be highly truish also.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom