The wife and kids are ditching me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Buckeye_Nut

Senior Cook
...for most of the weekend. I guess it'll be a party of 1 for dinner tonight ;)

YUMMMMMM.................
img_235214_0_8afd02f281f0da4ebb2431675ee933c0.jpg

I had this fine Angus KC strip cut to order to a full 2" thickness.

Seasoned generously with olive oil and steak rub........
img_235214_1_0517b4c3774a458e1c966505d405cda2.jpg

Then I bagged it up and it'll rest in the fridge for about 4hrs until grilling time.

No need for side dishes......LOL....I think this behemoth will be enough!!
Hehe... ;D

It's gonna' be a beautiful weekend too!!!!! I plan to take advantage of this opportunity and will spend most of the weekend on the golf course :D

OMG....I was having some grillin' fun....Hehehe

I just had to give my new Weber remote-thermo probe gadget a try.
img_235234_0_37c73c7b6b69f5043bb061e2b1bf14ae.jpg

I started with 500 for the first 10 minutes then dropped to 350 indirect heat until the center hit 140.

I removed at 140 and left the probe in to see how much more it would cook once it was removed from the heat.....
img_235234_1_e65bf511ad4f7f6f6b8c133070408800.jpg

To my surprise, it only rose to 145.......DAMN THAT LOOKS YUMMMY!!!!

It's been resting long enough..............time to chow!!!!!!!!!!!!!
8)

I'm outta here.....I'll post a cut pic later, for now....I wanna eat :!:

OK...now the booze is talking. My wife is out of town and what do I do?? I sit at the computer drinking beer and eating steak while taking pictures of my food......Hahahahaha
img_235236_0_d37a340da0894e4c2a3d39eabb78cd9f.jpg

I got leftovers......I'm full. I plan to watch a movie or two, might even switch from beer to booze (uh oh)....I'm sure I'll finish that last piece around midnight after I'm done watching movies.......Hahah

I'm out...it's movie time!!

Dang its good to see wholesome type folks having fun. I got some chums who could be found at the local breastes display places if they could get Mama and the chillins out of the house for a day or so. Know a few who could git er done in half a day. I am apparently hanging out with the wrong crowd. Thanks for the good example you are demonstrating. Nice looking steak too.

bigwheel said:
Dang its good to see wholesome type folks having fun. I got some chums who could be found at the local breastes display places if they could get Mama and the chillins out of the house for a day or so. Know a few who could git er done in half a day. I am apparently hanging out with the wrong crowd. Thanks for the good example you are demonstrating. Nice looking steak too.

yea...I know, I know. The truth is I skipped lunch, but I couldn't save my hunger for dinner so I grilled/ate a couple brats mid-afternoon. (a very late lunch) With that said, the leftover steak tasted great later that night while watching a couple movies....Haha

....that may have been the best piece of steak I have ever eaten. I sliced it thin and ate as finger food....LOL

One of them bad boys be about right for most el gordos. Reminds me of the 20 oz Sirloin Strip from the Greek Steak House in Corpus. Like sitting down to eat a small roast but you could cut it with a fork nearly. Now this would include all the usual sides..baked tate..big salad..two shrimp cocktails etc. That with hot rolls and butter make a hearty dinner for a working man. Now by dinner I mean lunch not supper. This do not even include female breastes which was also called dinners for some reason. It may have been some kinda regional deal.

Smokey Lew said:
Throw that Angus KC strip cut to order to a full 2" thickness in a box with dry ice and ship it to me. That thing looks absolutely beautiful.
I was thinking about having the butcher cut me a 3" Angus strip next time just for fun. Hehe

bigwheel said:
One of them bad boys be about right for most el gordos. Reminds me of the 20 oz Sirloin Strip from the Greek Steak House in Corpus. Like sitting down to eat a small roast but you could cut it with a fork nearly.
Yea...that's pretty close. This one weighed about 24oz. I think the official weight was 1.47lbs.

Well that was certainly a nice one. A 3 incher could give a person braggin rights..least as far as strip steaks go. Now on the other deal believe a smart person would just keep their mouf shut and carry around a Irish Potato in the pocket.

Back
Top Bottom