Thanksgiving stuffed pork loin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gary in VA

Head Chef
The wife volunteered me to do a pork roast for thanksgiving dinner at my parents house.. this is what it was...

brined in Apple cider, brown sugar, salt, oranges, ginger & garlic

stuffed with an apple stuffing that I made

rubbed with Wolfe rub

grilled indirect at 350 for about 2 hours.. til it hit 145-150

last 20 minutes of grillling.. I glazed with an apple bbq sauce glaze that I made...

It got rave reviews around the table... and I must say...Twas damn good!

Upload Pics with PicTiger

That is a great looking loin Gary. Pork and apples were made for each other I think. Any chance you might consider posting that filling recipe? or the sauce?

Bruce B said:
That is a great looking loin Gary. Pork and apples were made for each other I think. Any chance you might consider posting that filling recipe? or the sauce?

Me too, me too! Did you butterfly the loin to stuff?

Thanks

Recipe??... uh.. yeah.. uh... right..ok... :oops:

Ok.. what I did..

1/2 onion.. fine chopped
2 apples.. fine cut up
sauted in apple cider for about 20-30 min til apples were tender
took off most of juice and added salt, pepper, sage, little wolfe rub and
stove top stuffing to soak up rest of juices...

the sauce was a combination of a reduced apple cider, apple brandy, garlic, and some apple bbq sauce I used to use on ribs that I had frozen... be creative...

ususally to stuff loins, I don't butterfly.. I run a knife through lengthwise in a cross, stretch it out with my fingers and stuff the stuffing in from both ends

This is probably blasphemy, but you could probably start with apple pie filling and add ingredients to it for the stuffing.....maybe?

Bruce B said:
This is probably blasphemy, but you could probably start with apple pie filling and add ingredients to it for the stuffing.....maybe?

probably.. but the stuffing wasn't as sweet and I wanted a little bit of "crunch" from the apples.. I didn't have them overcooked.

That's what I was thinking...that maybe the filling apples might get way overcooked and mushy as opposed to using fresh.

Nice job Gary. That is one fine looking pork loin. Ah, guess my invite is lost in the snail mail world :roll: ?

Back
Top Bottom