Thanks Much Larry Wolfe!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BluzQue

Head Chef
Ordered these from Larry to fit into the Weber Performer I scored at Lowes for $198.00,
Man I can't wait to season these bad boys up @ run 'em thru the paces!

img_210065_0_432fe147cc11f646604d248461a43b12.jpg

img_210065_1_8432e5dfa2701cd2876539e5a40ef6e6.jpg

8)

With the new Performer and cast iron grates to boot I can't wait to see what comes of this. :D 8) ! I know I'd be pretty giddy if it were me. Nothing like new toys to play with. :) Looking forward to the update.

Bluz, Greg gave me this idea and it sounds good to me. I think this is why we all pay Greg the big bucks :LOL: You're going to love those grates!

Buzz, I have Raw CI on the Bubba Keg because that's what it came with...when it starts cooling down around 400* I spray it liberally with PAM cooking spray...this has worked very well at keeping them "well maintained"...I brush off the left-over food every-time prior to a new cook buring the pre-heat and burn-off...but that's just me!

Will Do Vermin999 :D

Thanks Shores Really enjoyed your website brother!

Greg my cookin' arsensal stays in the ole cookshack/hideout/garage when not in use ;)

Thanks bbquzz! Seasoned with Crisco shortening in the oven last night. Plan to take Greg's advice with the Pam too ;)

8)

Greg Rempe said:
Keep that grill out of the elements and take care of them!!

Good advice, but not necessary. I keep my Perfomer w/CI grates out in the elements, uncovered and don't have a problem. The key in my opinion is to keep the gunk, grease, fat on the grates, until your next cook. This will protect them from rusting. When you're ready to cook the next time, preheat the grill, brush off the grates, oil and cook. This process works great for me with no rusting issues.

If you're a clean fanatic and clean the grates after every cook, then you should absolutely spray with Pam or oil.

those are neeto.. I want some now....Have to get permission first.. good score...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom