temperature guage question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Artem1

Assistant Cook
Hey guys, I'm brand new to this forum and I have a quick question. I recently bought a char-broil commercial series 3 burner infrared grill and it does't have a temp gauge on the lid like I see most grills with, but instead has 3 little temp gauges right above each burner under the grates. I was wondering how do I know if its reading me the temperature I want to know? When I read instructions on how to grill certain meats, they usually specify a temperature to cook the meat at. How do I know if that's the temperature that people usually go by on the lid, which is the air temperature inside the grill, or the temperature that's bellow the grates? Because its so much hotter under the grates than above(since there is that metal plate with holes in it that the grates sit on), the temperature gauges read 700+ degrees after only like 7 minutes on high. Anyone with any experience and suggestions please help.

Take a picture to show us what your talking about. Try experimenting with cheap cuts of meat to figure it out. It's only a grill, heat and meat your good to go. Don't make it rocket science!

Does seem like any dome/hood thermometer is a relative number and after a few cooks you will get a feel for what works. As Nick said it is not rocket science. And welcome to the forum, looking forward to some of your test cooks.

It's not like anything that I have seen before, but in theory, it just might work a little more accurately than the dome temps that we're all used to. What I mean is that the meat is sitting on the grate, so why not measure the temperature down where the meat actually is? Makes sense, but it'll probably take some attention and experimenting to figure it out.

BOB

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom