Tasso & Crabmeat Sliders and Gumbo!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cookking

Sous Chef
Tonights special(and I do mean SPECIAL!!)was Tasso and Crabmeat Sliders and Chicken and Andouille Gumbo. This was one killer meal if I must say so myself!

Cooked the crab cakes out on the Bubba
img_238904_0_2591a581c7582085bfa7abe2171fbbc4.jpg

Lookin' good!!!
img_238904_1_247b840c54078522d781be20746ea3b2.jpg

I don't know which was the main course, they were both good!
img_238904_2_3a6f62679d01fcc7a953d1d8fee245e5.jpg

My wife said these were the best ever and to keep this recipe! Sliders made with homemade remoulade sauce.
img_238904_3_9c0f927cb2f3bf9900cf536fdba437af.jpg

friesian_rain said:
Delicious looking ! Great pictures, too..... can you share the recipe?

This was so good, I thought I'd share it with all of you. Enjoy!! It's fantastic!!!!

Crabmeat and Tasso Sliders Recipe

The less-expensive varieties of crabmeat like "special white" (that's the flaky, non-lump white meat) and claw meat are very inexpensive. If you use them with a few other ingredients to make burger-like patties, you can pan-fry or broil them, then make tremendously delicious slider-style sandwiches. Especially good with white remoulade.

•1 stick butter
•1/3 cup flour
•1/3 cup milk
•1 lb. white or claw crabmeat
•2 oz. tasso, chopped fine
•1/4 red bell pepper, chopped
•2 green onions, tender green parts only, thinly sliced
•1 cup bread crumbs
•8 small French bread rolls or kaiser rolls

White Remoulade Sauce:
•1/4 cup mayonnaise
•2 Tbs. Creole mustard
•1 tsp. lemon juice
•4 drops Tabasco
•1/4 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
•1/8 tsp. salt
•3 Tbs. green onion tops, finely sliced

1. Reserve 2 Tbs. of the butter, and melt the rest in a saucepan. Ad the flour and cook over medium-low heat, as if making a roux, stirring constantly, until the texture changes. Do not allow it to brown.

2. Add the milk and whisk until well blended into what looks like thin mashed potatoes. This is a bechamel. Remove from heat.

3. Combine crabmeat, tasso, bell pepper, and green onions. Add this to the bechamel, and stir in gently with a wooden spoon.

4. Turn the mixture out onto a cutting board. Form round, flat cakes the size of thick hamburgers.

5. Put the bread crumbs onto a plate and gently press the crab patties down to coat.

6. Heat the remaining butter to bubbling in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the crab cakes on both sides until a crusty brown.

7. Combine all the ingredients for the white remoulade.

8. Warm the bread rolls in the oven. Spread with the remoulade and place a crab cake in each. Baby lettuce makes a nice finishing touch, if you like.

Makes eight sandwiches.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom