Surf-n-Turf-Weiners - Pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

surfinsapo

Master Chef
I went to the local butcher shop and got more Black angus Outer Fajitas, along with collosal Gulf Shrimp and German (pork/beef) sausages. I cut the Fajita long ways in half and hammered both sides then rubbed with"Ralph's Greek Seasoning" and olive oil. I deviened the shrimp and skewered and then rubbed with the same seasoning. The Sausage was just heated up. Also made mixed veggies with bacon,onion and Trappys peppers. Some Slap you mama for salt again....

big dude said:
Wow - that looks delicious - what is outer fajitas? :?
The skirt steak is a cut of beef steak from the plate (belly) primal cut. It is a long, flat cut that is flavorful, but tougher than most other steak cuts. It is the cut of choice for making fajitas ("little belts" or "sashes" in Spanish) and Cornish pasties. Skirt steaks are usually marinated or braised over low heat. Skirt steak, as well as all other cuts of meat, should be sliced across the grain for serving.

In the United States, whole skirt steak has the meat-cutting classification NAMP 121. The more tender inner skirt (NAMP 121D) is attached to the rib cage (ribs 6-12), while the tougher outer skirt (NAMP 121C) consists of the diaphragm muscle and an attached thick membrane which must be removed before cooking.

JB is my cooking advisor. I try to pay attention, but it aint that easy sometime. I'm still trying to learn how to make pizza like the BRPK....aka baton rouge pizza king.... ;)

Back
Top Bottom