Sunday Night Roadside Chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toby Keil

Executive Chef
It was a beautiful day in Southern Cal this Sunday so my wife and I made a quick trip to Whole Foods and picked up some chicken pieces and artichokes for dinner. The chokes were only a buck a piece so we had to get them. We also had some scallops in the fridge so we cooked them up in a little garlic, butter, and white wine. I made the marinade for the roadside chicken and I made enough so I could place some in a bottle for basting as well as add it to the chicken in the bag. This was my first time making this and the flavor was outstanding, the only thing I will do different next time is to take the chicken off a little sooner. Although the thighs and drumsticks were tender, the breasts were a tad on the dry side. Served up the chokes with mayo, dished up the scallops, we each grabbed a piece of chicken and sat outside for a nice family dinner. I love it when we do spontaneous cooks like this and it’s just the four of us. The last shot is my roadside family proudly displaying the fruits of my labor. http://s244.photobucket.com/albums/gg32/TOtobe_wsm/

Griff said:
Puff, you gotta try this. Here's a plate I did this tonight.

Hey Griff, how did the breast meat turn out and what was the approx time the chix was on the grill? When I did mine it was slightly on the dry side.

I'm not sure how the breasts came out, I only eat the legs and thighs. My wife eats the white meat and she said it was good, but I didn't specifically ask if they were dry. Ususally I start the dark meat 5 or 10 minutes before putting on the breasts but these breasts were huge and I put everything on at once. The cook took about 40 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom