Steak n Scallops

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ScottyDaQ

Master of All
I could eat this every night !

Two nice chuck eyes one with WRB one with S&P. Pan seared scallops in oil n butter just enough to get the color with the inside still nearly raw...hit with pepper at the flip. Mmmm. They'd be overcooked for me if I put em on the grill.:twisted: Super hot pan ...on, 1.2.3.4.5 flip ...1.2.3.4 DONE. rest.

img_204466_0_c9365fd22aee2aaa102deb008a793b06.jpg
img_204466_1_86fa6221d3f58b58a1aa6b704b5e59a5.jpg

img_204466_2_fd4177382071b257c1cb29f53f5bdc7f.jpg

Yeah... NO VEGGIES. GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT???? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Now THAT'S what I call dinner!!!. Scallops look perfect. I struggle with cooking them right. :x .

Pardon my ignorance, but how close is the chuck eye cut to the ribeye cut? Looks relatively similar in marbling. Are the tastes similar?

Shores said:
Now THAT'S what I call dinner!!!. Scallops look perfect. I struggle with cooking them right. :x .

Pardon my ignorance, but how close is the chuck eye cut to the ribeye cut? Looks relatively similar in marbling. Are the tastes similar?

Chuck eye comes from the chuck primal (shoulder). Specifically, the chuck eye roll cut (NAMP 116D). There's 3-4 nice steaks to be had in the eye roll. The end of the eye roll basically connects to the end of the rib primal...where the rib eye cuts are to be had. The chuck eyes don't dry out as quick as a rib eye, and are a lot cheaper....with equal yummyness !

Ask your meat person for some, but they might get pissed at you, cuz usually the chuck eyes are what they bring home ! :LOL:

ScottyDaQ said:
Shores said:

Chuck eye comes from the chuck primal (shoulder). Specifically, the chuck eye roll cut (NAMP 116D). There's 3-4 nice steaks to be had in the eye roll. The end of the eye roll basically connects to the end of the rib primal...where the rib eye cuts are to be had. The chuck eyes don't dry out as quick as a rib eye, and are a lot cheaper....with equal yummyness !

Ask your meat person for some, but they might get pissed at you, cuz usually the chuck eyes are what they bring home ! :LOL:

Thanks for the info. I will have to ask next time I'm at the store. I think I need to take a class titled Anatomy of the Cow 101. eh, on second thought, I'll consider you my expert and go from there. :D 8)

Thanks ScottyDaQ!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom