Steak n' Salad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dollarbill

Head Chef
Went and picked up a nice sirloin from Tonys meat market yesterday. I was going to get a rib eye but didn't want to listen to Larry whine about how much better a sirloin is :LOL: . Did a reverse sear on it. Damn it was good!

on the Weber

img_243524_0_f884485219c7f3a6ee67e7f456957427.jpg

1st slice:

img_243524_1_6b56b731a31f6371cd03aed06d318219.jpg

Plated:

img_243524_2_3ff7713ffc0756181505646e7274a95a.jpg

Nick Prochilo said:
I think Larry would have been right! Nice looking piece of cow!

Thanks Nick maybe a close 2nd..... :LOL:

Thanks fellas!.... I gotta say I wasn't dissapointed! Just thought I'd razz Larry.

Nice!
I couldn't get that with gas.
But since the switch to charcoal, we're enjoying similar stuff.
Yours looks perfect to my taste.
The whole plate looks great too.

dollarbill said:
Nick Prochilo said:
I think Larry would have been right! Nice looking piece of cow!

Thanks fellas!.... I gotta say I wasn't dissapointed! Just thought I'd razz Larry.

That's okay DB, you made me proud. That is a perfectly cooked sirloin. How did you like it compared to the ribeye? Better beefy taste without all the fat! At least that's what I think.

Larry Wolfe said:
dollarbill said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":26cxq5i6]I think Larry would have been right! Nice looking piece of cow!

That's okay DB, you made me proud. That is a perfectly cooked sirloin. How did you like it compared to the ribeye? Better beefy taste without all the fat! At least that's what I think.[/quote:26cxq5i6]

No complaints! It's not that I don't like sirloin cause I like it but givin' a choice i'd opt for the rib eye.

Tonight will be a nice n thick strip steak. The guy at the counter said aged 42 total days. We'll see if it lives up to the price. I'll post pics of that later.

I do enjoy a ribeye every now and then. But I do believe sirloin is the best bang for the buck, both taste and texture wise! That Larry is a smart man, terrible moderator, but a smart man! :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom