Steak & Sweet Potato Fries - BBQ Central

Go Back   BBQ Central > General > Grilling
Click Here to Login

Old 06-04-2010, 12:02 AM   #1
Wizard of Que

Steak & Sweet Potato Fries

Tonight was left over ribs with steak night. We had some left over ribs from the holiday weekend and I wanted something to go with it. Went to the local grocery store and picked up a couple of New York stakes, yellow squash and frozen sweet potato fries . . . that ought to do it.

Spiced up the steak with some of Knox's Cracked Pepper Dry Rub. Sprinkled some SB Hoochi Mama on the fries and put some Konriko Greek Seasoning on the squash. The original plan was to bake the fries in my cast iron skillet on the grill but that wasn't going to work with me lifting the lid on the split drum so much to tend the stake and squash. So off to a 400 degree oven for them suckers.

Everything came out nice and the ribs were good even warmed up after a few days.

I used a foil covered brick to weight down the stake for a good sear.

Steak resting on the cool side of the grill until it reached 145 degrees.

Plated steaks with sample of squash and fries.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Weber Performer, black

http://chaneysgrills.com/index.html
Smokey Lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 12:35 AM   #2
Saint O'Que

Re: Steak & Sweet Potato Fries

Outstanding lew. I'm jelous tonight was the first night in a week i've cooked. I've been worken on the yard for a week straight and took a break to cook some steak. Went to the store tonight and couldn't decide, Top Sirloin or Rib Eye. I bought em both and ate almost 2 lbs of steak. Made up for the last week of no grilling. P.S. Buzz, Chaney and I are woking a project to get a grill out to him in OH. Gonna just build the top and ship it FedEx and he'll have the stand built out there. Pretty cool huh. I'm talking to Chaney about building grills with bolt together stands that will go inside the drum and ship. Like what you would see on the shelf at the local Home Depot. Anyway good looken cook.

Tri Tip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 03:33 AM   #3
BBQ Central College

Damn lew, I must say that pepper corn rub looks great..awsome meal..The Man even has the heart to put in veggies lol.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:34 AM   #4

As always Lew it looks great, I'm now saving pictures of your cooks as well as Tri Tip's so I can try and replicate them. Tri Tip has been a huge help, helping me get a Chaney Grill, I am so excited. It would really be great if he could help Chaney package them for easy shipment. I'm sure there are others outside the LA area that would like a Chaney Grill. Watching the two of you cook on them has created pent-up demand
KCBS Certified Judge #53267
bbquzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 06:48 AM   #5
BBQ Centralite

Gorgeous!!! Wow what a feast!

www.DivaQ.ca

Life is too short for bad BBQ

Generously sponsored by:

Traeger Canada
Hovey's Gourmet Meats
Big Rock Brewery
Basques Hardwood Lump Charcoal
Alcan
Diva Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 07:57 AM   #6
God O'Que

Good looking stuff Lew.
Weber Jumbo Joe
UDS
Weber Q100
Santa Maria Style Grill

John
Vermin999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 09:34 AM   #7
Wizard of Que

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbquzz
As always Lew it looks great, I'm now saving pictures of your cooks as well as Tri Tip's so I can try and replicate them. Tri Tip has been a huge help, helping me get a Chaney Grill, I am so excited. It would really be great if he could help Chaney package them for easy shipment. I'm sure there are others outside the LA area that would like a Chaney Grill. Watching the two of you cook on them has created pent-up demand
Congrats on that! I got to say, my original intention with the Chaney grill was just to use it when we had guest and I needed the extra cooking surface. But the darn thing is fun to cook on. Especially when you've done your own modifications on it like charcoal baskets, pit thermometers, etc. The only thing that was a bit of a drag was having to grind out the paint from the inside of the pit.
Weber Performer, black

http://chaneysgrills.com/index.html
Smokey Lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 11:02 AM   #8
Saint O'Que

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Lew
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbquzz
Congrats on that! I got to say, my original intention with the Chaney grill was just to use it when we had guest and I needed the extra cooking surface. But the darn thing is fun to cook on. Especially when you've done your own modifications on it like charcoal baskets, pit thermometers, etc. The only thing that was a bit of a drag was having to grind out the paint from the inside of the pit.
Lew I'm getting the double wide. There is a shop here in HB that will sand blast it for $50. $30 for our size. Damn. I spent 4 hours with a grinder on the inside. Not worth the $30 I saved.

Tri Tip is offline   Reply With Quote