Spur of the Moment Meal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
I had one piece of tuna left and decided to grill it up tonight. Realized I gave my brother that last bit of WR Citrus I had, so I had a bottle of DP Swamp Venom that I like to grill with so I used it. I also mixed up about a 1/4 bag of frozen mixed veggies, 1 can of kidney beans, 3 TBS of Webers Pepper Relish, garlic, red wine vinegar, fresh pepper and kosher salt for a bean/veggie type dish. Served it cold with the warm grilled tuna on top! This turned out to be a nice cold/spicy dish that I really hope I'm able to repeat again in the future! Fresh and refreshing! I think the veggies will be even better after marinated overnight!

Looked great Larry. I have never eaten tuna rare like that, I'm gonna have to give it a try, it does look good like that. To bad your steak the other night didn't turn out like that. :?

Nick Prochilo said:
Looked great Larry. I have never eaten tuna rare like that, I'm gonna have to give it a try, it does look good like that. To bad your steak the other night didn't turn out like that. :?

Once you eat a nice piece of rare tuna, you will NEVER open another can of tuna again. Everytime I eat it I ask myself why I don't eat it more often. 1 minute on each side on a hot grill and DONE! It melts in your mouth!!!

that looks great!..Great summer meal.
Costco has frozen shashimi grade tuna steaks
for a good price. Sometimes I just that and
eat em raw, but that looks good with the
veggie salad. On my menu soon.

that is an awesome looking plate. I think my husband drooled so much i may just have to make that for him.

Aww heck Larry ya makin me hungry for some seafood now. Tonite is steak nite... I guess its gonna be surf n turf, pic's tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom