Spaghetti Night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tri Tip

Head Chef
It actually tasted a whole lot better than it looks. The Mesquite Lump gave it a very light subtle smokey flavor.

Hey Tri-tip, that looks great! One question, I noticed that you browned the hamburger in a cast iron pan and then made your spaghetti sauce in the same pan over the coals. The next shot is your spaghetti boiling in a pot and the last shot is the spaghetti in the cast iron pan with the sauce and sweet sausages on top.

Now here's the question, did you transfer the spaghetti to a second cast iron pan, pour the sauce over it ant then put it back over the coals to crisp the spaghetti up some on the bottom? The spaghetti looks a bit crisp around the edges of the pan in that last shot. Just wondering how we got to that last photo in the string.

Smokey Lew said:
Hey Tri-tip, that looks great! One question, I noticed that you browned the hamburger in a cast iron pan and then made your spaghetti sauce in the same pan over the coals. The next shot is your spaghetti boiling in a pot and the last shot is the spaghetti in the cast iron pan with the sauce and sweet sausages on top.

Now here's the question, did you transfer the spaghetti to a second cast iron pan, pour the sauce over it ant then put it back over the coals to crisp the spaghetti up some on the bottom? The spaghetti looks a bit crisp around the edges of the pan in that last shot. Just wondering how we got to that last photo in the string.

Hi Lew.

You're pretty close. Once the sauce finished, I poured it into a pot, transferd the noodles to the skillet and poured the sauce back on. Than I threw on the sausages and let the whole thing roast for about 10 minutes indirect while I set the table. I was planning on it but the Mesquite gave it a very slight wonderful hint of smoke.

I have got to try to get a whole spaghetti meal done outside.

Amazing. It looks fabulous.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom