Some really bad photos.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tri Tip

Head Chef
Scored a nice Santa Maria trailer on loan from my cousin, if I like it, I think I might make an offer. He is up for selling it but, I think he might want more than it’s worth so I’ll have to save up for a new one. Either way the misses is down. :P Anyway here are a few picts from my first cook. The rib roast came off overcooked. It was done at 125 and I move it off the fire to rest. I didn’t quite move it far enough from the fire and it continued to cook to 150. :evil: The Top Block came out perfect as well as the sausages. Cooked with a combo of Mesquite Lump and Red Oak logs. That thing sure attracts a crowd. Even the neighbors came over for a look and a beer or two or three or four. All I had was the BlackBerry so the picts are almost as bad as the roast. :LOL:

Smokey Lew said:
Way cool Mike. I'm sure if anyone can get the hang of that cooker, you can. The folks at that wood supply place in OC near the Duck Pond are going to love it, as well.

Yep that's where I got this red oak The Wood Shed. They want $700 for a chord. :evil: I can drive up to Santa Maria and get a full chord for $150.

Captain Morgan said:
looks like a fun thing to have.....do you put a tarp or something over the
top to protect it from the weather?

My cousing left it out in the rain. It has a little bit of surface rust only on the inside. He also never seasoned it, that didn't help either. I hit the whole thing inside and out with a lyer of corn oil. Then buffed the outside. That keeps the rust off. I have a cover for it too.

SUPER COOL GRILL AND COOK! NO matter how bad you say your pic's are (which I think weren't bad at all) you still cooked with wood!!! Puff can't say that!!!

Back
Top Bottom