Sirloins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
My wife got these from her store "Giant" today, they were on sale for $2.99lb. Actually she brought home 2 packs of sirloins containing 2 in each pack weighing 4lbs per pack. I figured one pack would be enough for dinner!! LOL So we froze the other and I told her to send a huge thank you to the meat man at her Giant! I seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic, onion and chili powder and threw them onto the Junior at 750*! :shock: Sirloins are my favorite cut of steak, but I have gotta say these steaks were the best I've ever cooked. Very very tender and juicy!

Now why anybody want a steak which taste like chili powder I aint got a clue..but must confess I aint never been a yankee so there is some things I just dont grasp. Now did you happen to check the USDA Grade on them puppies? If they was less than choice you got mo and sharper teeth than me and 2.99 aint no good deal. Kindly give us the true poop here. Less you back to keeping secrets. Thanks.

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Now why anybody want a steak which taste like chili powder I aint got a clue..but must confess I aint never been a yankee so there is some things I just dont grasp. Now did you happen to check the USDA Grade on them puppies? If they was less than choice you got mo and sharper teeth than me and 2.99 aint no good deal. Kindly give us the true poop here. Less you back to keeping secrets. Thanks.

bigwheel

Come on big guy, puttin' chili powder on a steak ain't got nothin' to do wiff being a Yank or not. You should tell the Warden to unchain your taste buds wunce in da while and give it a wurl on a steak, you could be surprised.

The steaks were choice and round dess parts, $2.99 is a steal. Normalee days anyweers from $4.99-$6.99lb for sirloin. Guess dats a Yank thang too. As far as my teef being reel sharp, day ezz my natural teef and they sho is sharp. Shouldn't be no problum fo you to pop yo plates in an over night unvelop and mail them to the closest dentist, they sho will sharpen dem fo you to where you be able to chew a yank steak.

I don't hide no secrets and I don't think dis be an unknown tip but I'll tell you anyways. The trick to a tender sirloin is to not overcook it, anything much more than a medium rare, the steak is purdy much ruined in my opinion. Day ain't be enough fat to keep it moist and tenda in a sirloin to cook pass da point of med-rare.

Back
Top Bottom