Since I got a late start on the brisket yesterday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nick Prochilo

Chef Extraordinaire
I grabbed some pork chops from the supermarket. I had the butcher cut them to 2" thick. On the advise of my good friend Sir Lawrence Wolfe, I was going to do a reverse sear. The only problem with that is my homemade rub, not store bought contains a lot of sugar and would have burnt on the sear so I seared first, sprinkled with rub then finished indirect.[attachment=4:3mmsm84m]IMG_0123S.JPG[/attachment:3mmsm84m][attachment=3:3mmsm84m]IMG_0129.JPG[/attachment:3mmsm84m][attachment=2:3mmsm84m]IMG_0128_1.JPG[/attachment:3mmsm84m][attachment=1:3mmsm84m]IMG_0131_1s.JPG[/attachment:3mmsm84m][attachment=0:3mmsm84m]IMG_0133_1.JPG[/attachment:3mmsm84m]

I agree, those chops look about as good as it gets. If you don't mind me asking, what was the approx. cook time for those suckers?

Most of the sugar would have dissolved during the indirect portion of the cook. But in either case, nice job! NOBODY EVERY LISTENS TO ME. Are those pic's off the internet by chance? There are no actual 'grilling' pic's, so for all we know is you cooked them on a George Foreman in your house. If you're going to moan and groan about other people not posting the pic's you want, put up or shut up! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Crabnbass said:
I agree, those chops look about as good as it gets. If you don't mind me asking, what was the approx. cook time for those suckers?
About 20 - 25 minutes. After the sear they were around 100 degrees. Indirect until 145 - 148 degrees. Anything higher just kills them.

Larry Wolfe said:
Most of the sugar would have dissolved during the indirect portion of the cook. But in either case, nice job! NOBODY EVERY LISTENS TO ME. Are those pic's off the internet by chance? There are no actual 'grilling' pic's, so for all we know is you cooked them on a George Foreman in your house. If you're going to moan and groan about other people not posting the pic's you want, put up or shut up! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Past experience I have burned the shit out of things with the rub so I'll keep doing them like this. My problem is I listen to you too much. This also aren't really photos, they are paintings around my house!

Back
Top Bottom