Shrooms and Steak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bknox

Head Chef
Cicero, IL, but my heart is in Virginia where my f
It's been a while since I have had time to post but I got lucky and thought I would share. Had the opportunity to stuff some portabella mushrooms and grill a steak (looked more like a roast). Typically I suck at thinner cuts of meat. Maybe it's my short attention span or I get side tracked. Been going through a few pork chops lately and thinking I could grill a steak, and it worked out. The steak was a test, the portabellas were the treat.

IMG_4409.jpg

Grilling with chunk mesquite.

IMG_4415.jpg

Should have made 30 smaller ones.

IMG_4416.jpg

Served with basil butter and cold bean salad.

IMG_4422.jpg

The mushrooms were good but needed a salty cheese like parm or pecorino. These were stuffed with;

1 Tablespoon butter
Diced stems from mushrooms
2 slices onion, diced
2 cloves garlic,minced
1 skinny stalk celery, diced
1/8 of a red bell, diced
Maybe 1/2 cup breadcrumbs or less
1/2 Tablespoon Knox's Yummy Chicken Rub. Could probably use a fat pinch minced rosemary and a small pinch of sage as I think these are the main two for this recipe.
Mozzarella

In a medium pan sautee in butter mushroom stems, onion, garlic, celery and red bell until medium soft and sweet. Add bread crumbs and seasoning, toss through. Pile on gill side of the portabellas, pile on some cheese (next time it will be a saltier cheese). Grill until mushroom is soft. Maybe 7-8 minutes depending on the heat.

Back
Top Bottom