Sausage & peppers for dinner tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nick Prochilo

Chef Extraordinaire
Grilled up some sausage, peppers & onion for dinner tonight. Damn heat at work today beat the crap out of me and I don't feel like spackling in the office tonight, so I think I'll drink somemore beer!

Oh yeah, here's some pics!

Looks real good Nick!! Doesnot look like I was the only one here that had a sausage sandwhich for dinner :!:

Im a big fan of the sausage w/peppers and onions...Ive never diced up the sausage and mixed them though..usually put the sausage on a roll and use the peppers and onions to top it off...

My dad puts peppers, onions, potatoes, tomatoes and sausage in a deep baking pan and bakes for a while...It makes an awesome juice in the pan...

john pen said:
Im a big fan of the sausage w/peppers and onions...Ive never diced up the sausage and mixed them though..usually put the sausage on a roll and use the peppers and onions to top it off...
My dad puts peppers, onions, potatoes, tomatoes and sausage in a deep baking pan and bakes for a while...It makes an awesome juice in the pan...

Try it diced John. Tomorrow over a bed of rice makes a great dinner!

wdroller said:
john pen said:

John, I grow all of the veggies above. What your Dad does sounds great--really great. Can you give me a little more guidance. It would appear that the amounts of each are not critical. Canned tomatoes with juice? Spices?

Yes, canned whole tomatoes with the juice..and no, the amounts of each are personal preference..And I hate to start and problems here, but Ive got to tell you he foils the pan the whole time its in the oven...Comes out sort of like a stew..

If I knew you were making that, with a little arm twisting I would have drove to your'e place and finished(not spackled #-o ) the office for you :!:

That is some good eats =P~

Captain Morgan said:
Nick, it looks great...I've seen some street vendors sell em at festivals down here.
Any sauce or anything added?

No sauce Cappy, just a little evoo and garlic added when all is cooked and placed in pan. I covered it up and threw it back on the grill for 15 - 20 minutes to let all the flavors melt together. When you cut up the sausage, you get lots of juice from them and the peppers.

The south is a little lacking (imho) in sausage of that style. I've eaten
it several times where it was so covered in oil that it was not worth eating.
Could you describe your whole technique with a little more detail?
Prep and post cooking prep?

Captain Morgan said:
The south is a little lacking (imho) in sausage of that style. I've eaten
it several times where it was so covered in oil that it was not worth eating.
Could you describe your whole technique with a little more detail?
Prep and post cooking prep?

1- lite grill
2- slice peppers & onions
3- grill sausage indirect until 150*
4- grill peppers and onions until done (aldente)
5-put all of the above in pan, drizzle a little (1 - 2 TBS) evoo on top. add 2 tsp minced garlic. Mix well. Cover with foil and place back on grill (300*) for 15 - 20 minutes. Eat and enjoy. It tastes even better the next day over a bed of rice.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom